Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Magic Tuesday

email # 1  5/7/2013


Hi,
So p-day is tuesday.  Can you please please please send me my Camelbak water bottle? I'm continually dehydrated here. like my lips are white. For real. Also some pictures would be nice, everyone else has them but me. Thanks for sending the thank you notes out for me.  I saw holli on Sunday too, at the mission conference.
So anyway, my companion is Zuster **** from Colorado. We have a lot of little things in common, like working at Toys R us and such. There are two Dutch districts. Our district has 2 elders, and one is going Spanish speaking. He's already fluent, so they're basically giving him a crash course in dutch, so he gets to leave before us. Then there are six sisters, and the other district is the same. Our branch is called the Scandinavian branch, plus the dutch. So we have the Finnish, Norwegians, Swedish, Icelandic- but they just left, so they wont get new ones for a couple months, Danes, and then the two elders going to the West Indies mission speaking dutch, it's a country in south America that starts with an S. Cant remember the name. I get a lot of mail. I pretty much hog our mailbox. I'm not even kidding. Especially with what we call "male, mail". The first few days here were terrible! I didn't know if I could do it, but look at that, I totally did. A typical day: we get up, go to gym, shower get ready, have breakfast, personal study, and then three hours of language study, lunch, then we teach our investigator, in dutch so we have another three hours of classroom time to do that. Anyway we don't get a long time to email so I will talk to you next week. I hope all is well.

Much love

Karoline



Oh, by the way, today was "magic Tuesday" so anyone who is going to Belgium has to get their blood taken and collect a stool sample. so gross. They told us that Belgium is pretty much the only country that requires a nice little stool sample. The lady who collected my blood missed my vein and then fished around for it, so i got to have that lovely experience. Eventually she just changed arms. Fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment