Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week 5--last email from the MTC and "FAKE GRADUATION"

This past weekend would have been Karoline's graduation from college. She completed her degree in December but they have just one graduation ceremony and it is in June.  It's just one of many things she'll sacrifice and miss while she serves her mission. And that's okay.   But read on and see how great a week she had!

Yay! Last week at the MTC! First thing first, I'm sick, and I actually have been since last week, but I forgot to tell you last week, and since I'm still sick I'm telling you this time :) i have this nasty cough thing, and it's been getting worse, so I'm thinking i'm might go to the doctor to get some cough syrup because I've gone through two bags of cough drops, and they each have 30 in them. So yeah. But I think it's just because there no time to rest here. 
 
Travel plans : We have to be at the travel office at 8 so i think we will probably leave here at 830. a.m. The flight is Delta 619. it leaves at 11:11 and gets in at 8:05 their time.  It doesnt have any connecting plans on our travel itinerary so we thought it was nonstop, but some one's dad looked it up, and he said it stopped in detroit. Either way, that is a super long flight. I will have to pay 75 like everyone else, for the second bag, so thats fine. no big deal.  My companion got her papers worked out, basically she has 90days until they need all her stuff in the netherlands, but honestly everyone told me that they were hoping it wouldnt work out that way for her, but I'm sure shes excited she gets to go. She had a crazy fit this week and blew up and me and slammed the door in an elders face. It was actually pretty intense, but seriously, not really sure what to do about her. The branch president is basically to the point where hes thanking me for staying with her as a companion. Hopefully things will work out alright for her in the end.
 
thanks for those pics from graduation, that was really nice. Also, happy graduation to Katie :) So this last week, my Zone had a fake graduation for me :) Our zone leader is in our district, and he asked me what I would be doing this weekend if I were home, and I said graduating from college, so he decided to throw a suprise one.  It was probably one of the funniest things ever. They made me wear a sheet that they made look like a gown, and a cap thing and everything. So I go to walk in, and the whole zone is there singing the graduation song as I walk in, and it was surprising, because I didnt know what was going on.
 
 
 Also, we got a whole bunch of new people this week, because norway left last week, so it left just the dutch until wednesday when we got 16 new swedish, only two of them are girls, and 8 elders going to suranam dutch speaking. theyre all really nice. Anyway, at the graduation, they gave hilarious talks, which I'm pretty sure are better than the real ones anyway, so it was really nice of them. I will send some pictures. So now you will have pictures of me and a cap and gown :)
 
 
Sister Walker sent a box of doughnuts. That was really nice of her, considering I dont think I know who she is, but I will write her a thank you note. My district gets at least two boxes of doughnuts a week, so i guess I just started out this week. Also, if youre mailing something, make sure it will be here by saturday morning. We dont get dear elders sat or sun, we leave monday morning. Also, the mail room closes at 2 and our DLs dont check the mail until after lunch at 230, so if theres a package or something, it would probably be safest to get it here before saturday or i may not get it.
Other than that, the week wasnt too exciting.

 Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment