So, this week was a little difficult. We got dropped by pretty much all of our investigators this week, so that was a little sad, and then we're probably going to have to drop a couple others this week. That's too bad. And it was pretty slow because Sister Rosenlof got sick, so we had to stay in a day. So I watched The Testaments in Russian, with Dutch Subtitles. It was hilarious. And, yesterday I had to talk in church. It was based off the conference talk from Elder Cook from the April session. I just made it pretty short because there was no way I was going to talk up there for 15 minutes. So I went with about 5 instead. :) Afterwards though, a member thanked me for having the most understandable dutch out of any of the missionaries theyve had there. That was nice. Also, this week was pouring rain! Everyday, ahhh so wet. And cold. I've had to pull out my boots and scarves and tights. So today we are probably going to go buy a winter coat, if we can find one. Right now they only have autumn coats. Weird. And I'm probably going to buy some black boots so I dont have to wear my brown ones everday.
On Tuesday we had to get my
locks changed on my bike, and it was intense. They got this giant saw
thing, and had to saw the achterslot locky thing off. There were sparks
flying everywhere. But all is good now. Yesterday, we were waiting for a
bus to go out to this little village for a member dinner that we have
every sunday, and this guy comes up asking for money, and it's not
allowed that we give him anything, and he was talking to sister
Rosenlof, so I was just ignoring it, but then I hear him ask, well what
about her? And sister Rosenlof is like oh, she doesnt hear. And then I
ruined it because I was startled, and I said what? I wanted Sister
Rosenlof to scream about how it was a miracle, but she didnt, but we
laughed about it all the way to the members house.
This Wednesday, Sister Rosenlof
and I both have to go to Belgium to get our Belgian IDs. We have to be
at the trainstation at 6 in the morning to catch our train. It is going
to be the longest ride ever. Meanwhile, we still don't have our Dutch
IDs, so lets hope we don't get stopped anytime soon. :) Oh, this week,
we learned that Leeuwarden has the number one most dangerous street in
the Netherlands, it is also a street that we walk or ride on everyday,
so now we get to take longer routes to avoid it. There is a redlight
district here, but we've only seen it once, on accident, because we
didnt know it was there, so now we avoid that street too. It's actually
really close to this library...
So we do take a lot of trains
here, as well as busses, and biking, because it would take us hours and
hours and hours to bike out everywhere, so we usually have to take a
train somewhere, and then rent a bike at that train station. Theyre
usually terrible bikes with bake breaks, which are going to kill us one
day since both our real bikes have hand breaks. But it's nice. A lot of
the areas are pretty rural, or cute little villages. It also definitely
smells like cows a lot of times.
That canal is not the one that
is in our backyard, it's one we pass pretty often. Oh, this week, a less
active member, for some reason, gave a presentation on the church to
her business class. Apparently, they were curious about it, because she
said the church was her passion, so she asked us for a ton of book of
mormons, and she taught her class the whole first lesson, and the gospel
of Jesus Christ. We helped her find videos and things on the LDS sight
and the mormon messages sight thing. It will be nice when we have our
Ipads so we can show investigators these things. Then we gave her some
pass along cards and pamphlets and things.
Anyway, happy birthday this week! and I hope you and dad enjoy your trip! Love you!
Karoline
No comments:
Post a Comment