So,
I wasn't transferred, and Sister Raun and I will be staying together for
another 6 weeks. :) They just split our gigantic zone, so we now have 5 zones
in the mission, I think. Since I am sure you are curious, Sister **** (her MTC Companion) will be
staying in Breda with her trainer, and Sister Nelson, who is a sister from our
MTC group.
(In case you don't remember Sister Nelson, here's an excerpt from one of her MTC emails. And she's also the one who liked to pick out everyone's outfits each day in the MTC and loaned the sisters in the district her cute skirts and my brother Darin was her bishop at BYU.
Sister Nelson
I will be able to pick up the package next Friday when we have zone
training. Also, I'm going to Brussels, on the 7th? I think. Anyway, it's
to get my Belgian ID, so that should be fun. yes, I'm glad I'm not going back
to school, but it feels weird, because I've been starting school every august
since like forever.
Let's
see, this week we found two new investigators! One, we just found door to door,
and she answered, asked if we spoke english, because we speak dutch, and then she
ran inside and grabbed some crosses for us, and handed a handful of them to
us. We're still not sure what we are going to do with them. Anyway, she wanted
to know about polygamy, and then she went on and on about religion, and then
asked if we could meet again. We were on her door for 40 minutes. Shes a cool
lady. Shes tattooed up and down and has a lot of piercings, and is from
Malaysia. Shes lived in a dozen or so countries, and she's just interesting.
Anyway, the next day she met us in the centrum, and bought us icys. We are
going to be meeting with her again this week. She asked if she could make us
lunch, and we agreed, so that should be interesting. The other one is
young woman, the elders met her at her door, and they gave us to her so they
wouldnt have to find joint teaches all the time. Anyway shes Dutch, and shes
already convinced the book of mormon isnt true. Basically she loves the bible.
She even said she believes that joseph smith saw what he said he saw, but that
doesnt mean he wasnt deceived by satan. So anyway, we're working with her.
Hindu church is this weekend. I'm pretty excited. Anyway, those investigators,
we were meeting with them last week, and she asked us to come up stairs, and
she starts pulling out all these Saris. you know, those indian dresses that are
all jeweled and super pretty and stuff? If not, look it up. anyway, she told me
to try one on, and i wasnt sure i understood correctly, but the she practically
put it on for me, so i tried it on, and then she asked if i wanted it. like
forever. so she just gave me this Sari. And it is gorgeous. it's blue with gold
beadings and lots of sequins and such. I have a picture if i ever get to send
one. then she went through her drawer and started giving me jewelry, so anyway,
i went back to the apt after that lesson with a bunch of stuff.
Our
district is getting two new sisters tomorrow, they are opening Almere-Buiten.
So they will be part of the Almere ward. Something really cool this weekend
happened. The other day, we were tracting forever, in the heat and
humidity, and it is terrible btw. at least yall have air conditioning, no one
here has AC. Not even the church. I thought we were all going to die on Sunday,
but we're alive. Anway, every one is on vacation right now, and no one was
answering their door. We literally must have knocked on 30 doors, and
only 3 people answered. But! All three of those people wanted to talk to us,
and have us come back, which is really cool. One of them was the malaysian
lady. So, right now we have 4 investigators, and about 5 potentials with the
people we found last week. So thats pretty cool. Oh, and no, they didnt come to
church this week, because hindu church is like ridiculously hard to prepare
for, we're actually doing our service hours with her this week helping her to
prepare for that.
Also,
we do the exchanged with the sister training leader about every other week. I
dont know what it will be now though, since our zone is small right now.
Another
thing. I think the church should have one of those humanitarian projects here.
These people need real deoderant. Especially because theres no air conditioning
anywhere. Oh it's so nasty smelling. yuck. Thank goodness for still having real
deoderant. Our apartment doesnt even have a fan, so that is on the list to get
this week since the church will reimburse us. i can't really think of
anything else too exciting to share....
This is where I got to ask her:
So
just the two of you? no new missionary to train? Great news on the new
investigators. That’s cool you get to go to Brussels! So you have
to get ID there even if you’re not assigned? Sweet.
Yeah, we all get to get belgium and netherlands IDs super
fun. Nope, no one new. We were hoping for a third one, because finding joint
teaches is terrible. also, this is something i just wrote katelyn that i forgot
to tell you, but I think I'm funny.
Want to hear something
hilarious? Zr. Raun scares easily. So, the other day, she was talking to
me while falling asleep, so i slowly scooted down the bed, so my feet
could touch the end of her feet and scare the crap out of her. It worked, and
it was hilarious. then, the other night i was doing something weird and i reach
down to put something under my bed, and im like hmmm i bet i could fit under
there, and sister raun was still in the bathroom getting ready for bed right?
so i move the stuff under her bed and hide in the little spot i made for
myself while shes in the bathroom, and the lights off, right? so she cant see
me, and she thinks im in my bed, so she kneels down to pray, and i just reach
out and stroke her leg. and she starts screaming, not even in english, but
dutch, about how it's not possible, and shes like sister western! because she
still didnt realize it was me. ha so funny.
Anyway, love you.
Karoline
No comments:
Post a Comment