Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Not much news but I wish I'd had her apartment!



 Yes, we did teach the lady and her husband this week. They also  came to church this past Sunday, which was awesome, because we weren't really sure whether they were going to come or not. so that was a nice surprise. We haven't found anyone else yet, and no, we don't have any member referrals. no, we don't know if we are getting anyone else yet. We won't find that out until Sunday when the President does transfer calls. Everyone, including Sister Raun has pegged me for training next transfer, and President has asked me about it, but I don't really think so. That would really be quite the surprise. Plus from what I've heard, we have ten less sisters than they were originally planning on, once upon a time, but who knows. Rumors are rumors. Speaking of rumors, this week I learned that this is the highest marrying mission in the world. So yeah. That's that. Oh, and in dutch it would still be missionaries for both elders and sisters, so it was bless the missionaries, and the sisters too. :) Sister Raun's name rhymes with Fawn. haha.It's like Ron.
Our apartment-It is not a studio. It's a two bedroom. So one bedroom is really small and we have a wardrobe thingy and a drying thing to hang our clothes up to dry on. I really miss a dryer. My shirts are getting too big and stretched out and stuff. It's uncomfortable. Anyway, then you have our bedroom, which has our two beds, and our two wardrobes. Then we have a laundry room, with just the washer. then the bathroom. In our apartment, the shower and toilet room are together, but that hasn't been the case in any other missionary apartment i've been to, or any house I've visited. Anyway, then there's a door that we can close to close that part off. For some reason the Dutch really love their doors. Every room has a door so you can shut the house off. I don't know, I think it's a little weird. Anyway, then there's the big open room with our tables, we have three, plus a kitchen table. We also have a fairly nice sized balcony. Not a small one. And our kitchen and stuff like that. It's a really nice apartment. We even have a dishwasher, which hardly any one has. Yes, I still get mail, and I have heard from a few people from the MTC.  I hope dad's leg starts feeling better soon. :) And it sounds like that pocket session thingy was cool.
This week, we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leader person. So I got to go to Zoetemer or however you spell it, to work with her companion since I stayed here last time. Anyway, it's close to Den Haag, and this is the city where the temple is. We rode our bikes right past it, it's super tiny.  The bike the sister training leader has is terrible, and I had to work super hard to go anywhere. My bike spoils me apparently. It's good to have a good bike. :) Especially because her bike is ghetto, and I never want to do that again.
There's a family history center in the church in Amsterdam. There might be one in Den Haag but I have no idea about that kind of thing.  Our district has 6 elders, and then us two sisters. Our zone, is huge. It encompasses quite a large area, but I dont know how to describe it. i have seen a lot of Amsterdam. Mainly on district meeting day, and only if we take a tram and train instead of taking a long bus ride, but it's a beautiful city. We don't do much for pday. theres pretty much never time to do anything, not even write letters. So yeah. Anyway that's pretty much it for this week. Love you.

Karoline



No comments:

Post a Comment