Monday, October 21, 2013

More Investigators, Sheep and Another Near Miss on Her Bike.


This picture is a picture of me and Sister Rosenlof, and to answer your question, she is from California, Ridgecrest. Speaking of companions, no, neither of us got transferred, and this week for district meeting, we had a newly wed game type thing, companion style, and we killed it. I mean no one else was even close to touching us. So yay. No, we never made it back to that little town, we did a lot more traveling this week out to more of the seaside towns. 

At one little town, there were a bunch of sheep on the walking path right along the ocean, and theres benches to sit on a long the way, and sister rosenlof and I looked over, and there was this one sheep using the bench to scratch its butt. It was so funny because it was going on for about ten minutes and sister rosenlof and I are just laughing so hard. Sister Rosenlof got a video, but it's too large to attach, so I will be excited to share that one day. Ha makes me laugh just thinking about it. 


                                                                 John 10:16

Oh, the lady from Siberia. She may or may not have been kidnapped by the Russian Mafia, and escaped before being taken over the Belgian border. I know. This was about a year ago. Anyway, I'm excited to meet with her. 

We are not still getting those large groups of missionaries, I think those will return when the summer time comes around again. Yes, we have doubled the size of the mission.
Tomorrow is temple conference, so Sister Rosenlof and I have to travel down to Den Haag tonight. Yay another three hours on the train.... 


                                            (The temple in den Haag is located in a park.)

At church yesterday, we had a visitor from a different ward, and he came up and said that he assumes I'm american because I'm a missionary, but he wanted me to know that had I not been wearing a missionary tag he would have thought that I was dutch, and that I look very european. It was super nice. That has been happening a lot lately, it's nice to not always have people assume you're american when you open your mouth. We also had to teach the sunday school lesson yesterday... ugh.

Have I told you about the old lady that we go sing for whenever we are in that part of friesland? Anyway, it was her birthday the other day, so her family asked us to come sing to her, so we stayed there for 30 minutes just flipping through the hynm book and singing whatever she wanted. She just turned 87. And shes confined to a bed, but she's sweet. 

Sister Rosenlof has been really sick, and I'm not sure what to do. We can;t stay inside all the time, and I know she's trying, I jsut don't know what to do.Basically, she's nauseous all the time, it used to be just when she ate, but it's been getting worse and wose to the point where she's basically trying to not give up. It's really sad.


We got two new investigators this week.  One of them we promptly gave to the Elders because he creeped me out a little, and he was also a little... uh, off. He said he would accept out book of mormon because we wouldnt come into his house. And then wouldnt let us pray because he was sure it would invite the devil. Anyway, he was the one who flagged us down and wanted us to go talk to him... but sister rosenlof and I will not be the ones going back.

The other day it was raining really hard, and we were on our way home, and we pass the guy on our bikes and we may or may not have almost killed eachother because the passing space was super small but anway, then he yells out "Sisters!"so we stop, and it turns out it's this former investigator, who moved, but just moved back to leeuwarden and wants us to  come meet with him again, so thats cool. Then we were teaching our investigator from Vietnam, and she had a friend over, who    also wants to meet with us again. yay.

Yesterday we sister rosenlof and I show up to the church at 9 to open it, and theres this lady standing out in front, and we're like hello? Anyway it turns out that she met the elders last week, and they invited her to come to church, and so she showed up. Theyve never taught her, she was merely a contact.Anyway she really liked it and is planning on coming back, so that's nice. 

Yesterday night we made halloween cards for the elders. We made jackolaterns that look like them. I myself thought it was pretty crafty. 

Hmmmm something interesting happened this week. So I 've been dreaming in dutch for a long time, probably since the first transfer or so, but the other day, I had a dream in Dutch, French, Russian and English. Which means all that french I learned before my mission, and the little bit of Russian I picked up before coming are still in there somewhere. That was pretty exciting.
That's about all for this week, I can't think of much else.

Hope all is well. Miss you. Love you.

Karoline




No comments:

Post a Comment