Hello,
Yes, this week was temple conference. We had to split up
into four different sessions, on two days. So yeah. It was in Dutch, and it was
the old film, the new one is not available in Europe yet. After the temple, we
have a zone conference. Yes, I sort of new the sisters we spent the night with.
No investigators came to church, and no, we did not get any
new ones this week. Oh, I forgot to answer this question last week, I think,
but the primary program isn't until next week, so not really sure how it goes
here. Especially because there are like no primary kids in our small little
branch. Maybe 5? With one that comes regularly. Don't know, I'm never in
primary. Tender mercy.
We usually have to eat at our apartment, or take something
with us for the day, but we hate doing that, so sometimes it's like skipping
meals and such. But we have a regular dinner appointment on Saturday and
Sunday.
Yesterday was Sister Rosenlof's birthday, so that was fun.
The senior couple had us over for dinner at their house in Groningen, the
Romigs, and they're new here, and they are super nice. And it was delicious.
(From the mission blog) Elder and Sister Romig
will be serving in the Groningen JoVo Centrum and Member Support in
Leeuwarden. Elder Romig served as a young missionary in the Belgium
Netherlands Mission and President and Elder Romig made the connection
they had served together in Belgium While President was Zone Leader in
Belgium back in 1970, Elder Romig was a District Leader in Mechelen,
Belgium.
It doesn't really look like fall anymore. In fact, I'm not
even sure how to describe the weather today. Basically, it's like a hurricane
outside. Not constant rain, but that kind of wind. That's not even
really an exaggeration. It's actually a miracle that we were even able to
come email because the bus wasn't running earlier, and it's not safe to ride
our bikes. We had to walk to the grocery store to do our shopping, and
coming back we were hit by a truck load of branches. There are trees in the
road everywhere, and the water is flying up out of the canals. And the canal in
our backyard? Yeah, you could surfing in that thing with all the waves. We were
scared to take our elevator because it was shaking because of the terrible
wind. Yeah, it's insane. Pretty sure God is punishing Leeuwarden, because last
week there was that fire that destroyed a whole bunch of old buildings, and
filled the city with smoke, and this week we get a wind storm. Actually you
should look up the pictures for the fire, because that was an inferno.
(14 buildings were destroyed in a fire which began in a clothing store. Among the buildings destroyed was the birth place of Mata Hari. One person, a 24 year old man, was killed in the fire.)
This week, Sister Rosenlof was finally approved to go the
doctor, which was a relief. Anyway, so we had exchanges and temple conference
this week, so we weren't able to go until Thursday. But we went, because we
tried calling but the number wasn't working, so we went to the huisarts,(general practitioner) and
socialized medicine is a joke by the way, because we had to go through all this
red tape and then they tried to tell her that she cant be seen for a couple of
weeks. And we are like you have got to be joking. But then, this is a miracle,
the doctor came out and said that he had time to see her now. So she got right
in. And it was a super weird appointment, and I'm still determined to never go
to a dutch doctor, because once again, he didn't wash his hands before examing
her. nasty. Anyway, he thinks something is wrong with her gallbladder, so we
have to go the hospital on Wednesday morning for an ultrasound. early early in
the morning. But hopefully they can figure out what's going on. Shes getting
worse and worse. I feel really bad for her, I hope everything is okay, but
she's a trooper. Oh about this doctor, so he was pushing around sister
rosenlof's abdomen, and then she laughs, and she;s like oh sorry, I'm ticklish.
He then proceeded to tickle her. I'm not even kidding. For some reason this
doctor thought it was appropriate to tickle his patient. It was so weird. But
sister Rosenlof and I have been laughing about it all week. I don't think she
felt too violated. Her name is on the temple prayer roll, I think. I put it
there when we were there this week. And she has gotten blessings.
Oh, by the way, yes, she scares easily, but she has
specifically told me not to scare her. She does not appreciate it, so I respect
her wishes.
Oh, I got a package of Halloween candy and a card from
Sister Walker, so that was super nice! :) I appreciated it a lot, and so does
Sister Rosenlof, because I cant eat a box of candy by myself. Anyway it was
very nice of her to do that. I still haven't gotten the envelope you said you
sent a couple weeks ago? So I have no idea where that is.. weird.
I'm glad Grammie is home. That makes me happy. I hope she's
doing okay. Do you know why I never hear from Grandma?
That is interesting about the thing about Noah's ark. Something
to think about. (a story I shared with her about Visiting Teaching Sis. Walker) Yes, It's been six months. A year from today is my release
date. I think it seems sometimes like it has gone quickly, but other times it
feels like I'm 100 years old, and I've been doing this forever.
The other day we were biking somewhere, and we heard some
church bells start to play a song for the hour, and suddenly we were humming
along and we are like how do we know this song? We then realized that it was
"We wish you a merry Christmas". Christmas season is up and running
here. The Christmas lights along the canals and in centrum are really
pretty though.
I can't really think of too much else to say. All of our
appointments fell through this week, so it was pretty slow. Hopefully this week
isn't a repeat of the last.
Oh wait. A lot of people here ask for stories about how our
parents met, and how long they dated and all that jazz. So I'm going to need
some details about that. :)
Anyway I think that's all. This picture is me at the temple
on Tuesday.
Well, have a good week. Love you. Miss you.
Karoline



No comments:
Post a Comment