Monday, May 26, 2014

A Zone Conference, A Little about her new Area, a Good Example of Who Karoline is.



Just to preface, I have read a few blogs of elders and sisters serving in her mission. It's exciting to see their experiences (and pictures, of course). Lately, a few have sounded discouraged so I asked her about that.  Her response, and the rest of her week!

Hey,

We had a good week this week. nothing too exciting happened really. We had zone conference, in apeldoorn, and that took pretty much out entire day. I'm not really sure what zone conference was about, honestly. It was just so freaking hot in the building and it was long, ugh so long! Oh, I remember. They did a study on Jacob five. And they talked about area book, and teaching lessons, and what to do with the finding faith in Christ referrals that we're getting. Then they said in June that there are changes to Preach my Gospel coming out, so that's exciting.

I don't really think there's a lot of discouragement going on with the missionaries. I think it's just people accepting things as they are instead of how they are intended to be. a lot of people think that just because they arent necessarily teaching anyone right this second that they arent ever going to find someone, and that simply isn't true. Then when the mission president or other leaders tell us things that need to change, people's first reaction is to disregard it and complain. It's so annoying. Like hello, if you want to know what you have to do to see success, then listen to your leaders who are the ones to get revelation to do that. Dont go complaing about how you are already working hard, and dont see how you can work harder. Any one of us could work harder or do something better, or develop some new skill. Personally, I don't really care that so much time has to be spent finding people. Like of course it's nice to actually teach lessons and have appointments, but for any of that to start, you have to go out and find them. It's kind of exciting, not knowing if this is actually going to be the person who goes through or not. Yes, it's hot and humid and sunny, and you're tired and you just want to sit down, but then it's just as  hot and sticky in people's houses. It's not like they have air conditioning, so whatever. So, if I have to knock doors or street contact for  eight hours just to find someone to teach, then that's what I'm going to do. I don't know, discouragement is a choice, it's not like we didnt know that we were going to have to find people when we were called to the mission so I dont know, thats how I feel about that. 

On that note, I think Sister Packer and I will be dropping the baptismal date we have. Or at least moving him back, because he's not keeping his commitments anymore. Also, I've heard of that missionary mom thing where they all go to lunch and stuff. I think it's mainly just weird. Especially because the majority of them all live within like a  minute radius of each other. It's just weird. Answer to questions: Yes, I need contacts. I had a 6 months supply, and I've been out for over a year so... I think I told you I needed them a few months ago? But I've been meaning to buy them here, you can by them at this place that is kind of like target. I'll probably go buy some today, actually. The apartment we live in is nice. It's pretty large. It's just normal, so I dont really know what to say about that. Assen is different from the other areas I've worked in, because you have to work for absolutely anything here. Most people we talk to won't even take a pass along card, which is abnormal, but whatever, I personally tend to enjoy a challenge. Like, look people, take the card and I wont have to keep talking to you. 

This week though, we had a cool experience, we were on the bus coming home from an appointment, and the bus driver saw my tag and asked some questions and then thanked us for what we did and he was just super interesting. I always like the people who stop you. And anyway, then we ended up being the only people on the bus the whole way back, and you could just feel the spirit there, it was really awesome. I dont know what happened to that man, but at least he had contact with us for a few minutes. 

No, we do not have a JoVo  group. There is only one jovo, and he's a part-time missionary in the office. So he works there on Monday and Tuesday and then the other days hes with his family. We did service with them on Saturday. they like us a lot. The branch is like 30 people? maybe.
Also, don't worry about me, I am happy, and I'm really enjoying serving with Sister Packer. She's awesome. 

Love you! Miss you!
Love, Karoline



No comments:

Post a Comment