Hey,
My new address is:
Mercuriusplein 105
9401 DH Assen
Netherlands
I'm glad it was a fast week for you guys, because my week
felt like 100 years. Ah transfers. On Monday the 6 missionaries in Antwerpen
got together and had a last p-day together. It was fun. I'll miss serving in a
big city with a lot of missionaries, because now it's just me and my companion.
:) Tuesday we had district meeting and then we had a couple appointments, and
then Sister Wood and I went to go say goodbye to some people. Then we had our
last dinner appointment with the Schiltz. I will miss them so much. Sister
Schiltz let me know I was her favorite, haha. And that I'm like a grandchild to
her. (they dont have children) She also let me know that she is wanting me to
marry one of the Elders. She told me that weeks ago, but I told her that was
inappropriate to talk about, but she decided to remind me again before I left
so I didn't forget her advice. haha.
Wednesday was transfer day, and oh my gosh, it was the
longest day ever. We were all supposed to be at the station at 10, but then
delay after delay kept coming, so it was me and one other elder who was there
on time, and so we had to wait for all the other missionaries. Then the train
we needed only comes once an hour, so we didnt actually get out of the station
until after 1. By the time I got to Assen with Sister Packer, it was 8. So it
was a pretty long day. Also, NS, the netherlands train people, are getting
ticked at the missionaries. Theyre starting to make us all split up and theyre
putting a limit on how many missionaries can be on a train at one time
with suitcases and bikes, because we take up too much of the cargo space. It's
pretty funny. But they should be expecting it by now, this happens every
6 weeks.
It's weird being in Assen, and I really miss Antwerpen. It
feels like I'm on like a long sleepover/exchange here. Yesterday when I showed
up to church, I had already met the majority of them because I've
already been here so many times. It was weird.
It will be good working with Sister Packer. There's like no
stress, and we can just be chill together. I feel like I dont know what to do
with myself being in a small area again. Like, the majority of the streets have
already been knocked, people have already been contacted. It's just weird!
Plus, I decided I like serving in a ward better. In a branch, the missionaries
have to do everything. IE: teach lessons, do other peoples callings, give
talks, etc. Like I have to give a 15 minute talk next week on
how revelation is the foundation of the church. Boring. I just talked
yesterday, but whatever.
It's been pretty warm here. Wednesday was pretty cold, but
it warmed up quickly. The church is like an oven. It's like in a little storage
trailer, like a portable. It sucks haha. It was so hot in the church yesterday,
and it's not even summer yet, so I'm not looking forward to that.
I'm thinking we are going to be doing a lot of finding here
in Assen. Considering I'm pretty sure that's what my task is as a
missionary. Like every missionary is different. Some find, some teach, and the
others baptize them. Im thinking I'm the finder. That's what I've had to do in
every city. So whatever.
We have district meeting in Zwolle. With only 4 other
missionaries. the smallest district in the mission. :) Ha. i know one of the
missionaries in the district. Tomorrow is Zone conference, so we get to travel
down to Apeldoorn, which is great, because they have an American type church
building. I cant really think of anything I would like in a birthday package.
But I wouldnt send any packages to the apartment. Unless it's like an envelope.
So yeah.
By the way, you can only extend 3 weeks, and theres no
chance of me doing that. haha. Never. :)
Love you, miss you!
Karoline
No comments:
Post a Comment