Monday, July 14, 2014

Summertime in Europe



Nothing too exciting really happened this week. Just a lot of sweating and pulling sticky clothes off your skin. :) My favorite are the sauna days, where it's like threatening to rain all day, so it's really humid, but it's warm, so you feel like youre sitting in a sauna. It's a nice feeling. 

We had an investigator at church yesterday, and also a family visiting from Hungary. Anyway, it was such a contrast from the experience we had last week. We were a little disappointed with the members this week. They didn't really talk to our investigator, and she needed help while she was leaving to take her stroller down the steps, and the members didn't even volunteer to help, they just stood at watched her. They were all too busy talking to the family from Hungary, which is nice, but they're members, and they just totally ignored our investigator. Ugh. It's okay, she said she'll be back next week. Also, I translated for the family from Hungary, and it was the weirdest thing. I would translate to the dad and the older kids in English, and then he would translate for his wife into Hungarian. They were nice people. One of the members gave a super strange talk. She just stood there for a few minutes, and then went really weird... maybe she was just nervous. But it made her talk a little hard to translate haha. Anyway, the investigator we had a church is the one we've been teaching a while who we always have super awesome lessons with, and she's looking for a better relationship with God and everything. She asked us to teach her word of wisdom this week, because in a talk another member mentioned how we don't drink coffee and she was like wait what? So that should be fun. 

Other than that, it was just the normal stuff. We taught some lessons, not as many as last week, but still.We didn't find anyone, but we still had a good week. 

There was no partying or celebrating with the world cup this week, because they lost. 

oh, yesterday we watched the Restoration DVD during a lesson with one of our investigators, and it was pretty cool. Like I usually think that the DVD is kind of meh and don't really like using it, but we used it yesterday, and the guy was just so engrossed. and the spirit was super strong. Like even I had a moment when I'm like what the heck is this feeling, and then I'm like oh wait, I'm the missionary I know what this is. But the guy, he's actually Muslim, and at the end of the lesson he's just like well, I can't say that this isn't true. But I'm going to have to make sure I find it out for myself. And we're like cool, you do that. Considering that's what we tell people to do. But it was a cool lesson. And a nice way to end the week. 

Assen has felt like a ghost town this week. It's kind of creepy actually. Everyone is on vacation. And everyone goes at the same time. Like businesses are even closed, and no one answers the door and we just knock doors for hours with like 3 people answering. It's so weird. I also don't know how Dutch people can afford to go on vacations for weeks at a time, but whatever.
That's about all for this week. Love you and miss you.

Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment