So, Sister Woodbury and I had an awesome week. We taught
more lessons this past week than we did the entire last transfer. It was
great. We also found three new investigators, so that is a lot of fun. We found
two of them ringing bells, and the other one, we have seen in this shopping
center type thing a lot. The other day we were sitting on a bench with a member
and he comes up and asks if we are the sisters from Utah. So I said yes. Turns
out he was a former investigator from like 6 years ago, and still had some
questions about the church. So we invited ourselves over, because that's what
we do. Anyway, we met with him the other day, and he's just awesome. I really
like the investigators who question what you say and really think about things.
It means that they're actually investigating, not listening. Plus, this guy has
an observant personality, and he's been watching us for a while, not in a
creepy way, but like, in a curious "who are these people" way. Anyway, we're
excited for our next lesson with him.
Our investigator who speaks Arabic was in church yesterday,
and we are super proud of our little branch and the way that they took him in.
Like, everyone was super nice to him and whipped out their iPads to speak to him
using google translate. It was really really cool. I've never seen a ward or
branch take someone in like they did to him.Also, he had a great experience at
church. I don't know how someone who doesn't speak a word of Dutch and is
sitting in a stiffling hot building for 3 hours with complete strangers can have
a great time, but hey. Good for him. :) We also taught him again this week and
he really really wants to be baptized. the problem is that he's from Iraq, and
there's still the chance that he could at some time be deported back, and in
that case, we arent allowed to baptize him because he will be killed for
converting to Christianity, so that's rough, but we are doing all that we
can.
We had another great lesson with the lady that we taught
last week. We taught a lot about prayer. It's cool, because she trusts us.
who would trust these weirdo 22 year old girls wearing skirts? I don't
know. But she like asks us about personal life problems, and then wants to know
how the gospel can help her life and help her with the problem. Yay people
seeing the personal application of the gospel. it was great.
Sister Woodbury and I have been trying something new
recently. Basically, I was tired of writing finding or contacting in my
planner, so this week, I'm like forget this. And so we started to write teach a
lesson, in place of finding or contacting, because at the end of the day,
that's what you want to do. It's had great results. We are going out in the
morning fully expecting to not just find someone, but actually give them a
lesson.
There was one day this week and we only had 15 minutes, but
we hadn't taught the lesson we wanted yet, and we're like, well, we can do it.
So we kept ringing bells, and someone let us up, and we taught him about the Book of Mormon, and he invited us back. We taught him again last night. He's
originally from Sierra Leonne.or however you spell that. And he's Muslim. But
not like real muslim. Anyway, we were teaching him last night and he's like
well sisters, I'm going to keep reading this book. I have the feeling it's
pretty important. It is a good book. Hope that's okay with you guys. And we're
just sitting there like uh, yes, please keep reading it.
Our investigator who speaks that weird Asian language can
only meet every other week, so we will teach her again this week. Should be
fun.
No, you do not have to send insurance info or money or
anything like that for the hospital visit. It was covered by the missionary
insurance thing, all I had to pay for was my antibiotics, and I get reimbursed
for that through the mission office, so you don't have to worry about anything
like that. And my leg is doing soooo much better. I wish I had taken pictures,
but my skin was too white to get anything good besides my (end of sentence, no idea what she was going to say.)
No, I don't think that I will finish my mission in this
city. I think this might be my last transfer here. Or maybe I will do one
more. But I don't think that I will do two more. Can you believe that I only
have 2 transfers left?
So I forgot to bring my planner, so I can't remember what
else I was going to say, but yeah. We had a great week. Today we are with
members and we went on this nature walk thing where there was sand everywhere,
like a desert. i've never seen anything like it, it was nice. It's not as hot
today which is good, because it was super humid and sticky this week. But it
was only hot like 2 days out of the week. Yesterday being one of them. I just
don't understand how there's no air conditioning in this country but
okay.
| Zuster Woodbury and Zuster Western on today's nature walk |
| Zr. Western and Bernadette |
| Zr. Western and her previous companion Zr. Packer |
| 4th of July--Zr. Woodbury got a package which had jello! |
Anyway, so I think that is all for this week. Love you, miss
you!
Love, Karoline
No comments:
Post a Comment