Monday, June 30, 2014

Best Lesson Ever! Best Pday Ever! and a trip to the ER.



Hey,
so our week was good. Transfers were crazy, like always. NS (the Netherlands Railroad system) should consider themselves lucky that I'm a missionary and have no access to their costumer service line, not that they believe in customer service here, but whatever. NS has it out for missionaries. Anyway, Sister Packer and I had all her luggage and her bike, and you have to get into a special car when you have a bike and luggage stuff right, and it was a super long train that pulled up and there was only  of these cars, and you have like 30 seconds to get on the train before it leaves, so we take off running with all the stuff towards to train car, and the conductor lady is just staring at us, and then she looks at our name badges, blows the whistle, and  closes the door right on us! We were at the door! So rude. That's never happened before, but we were super upset because we had just waited over an hour for that train and were already running late for transfers, but whatever. The conductor on the train after that was a lot nicer.

I picked up Sister Woodbury and we actually got back at Assen at a normal time. When I transferred up here, I didnt get here until 8, but she got here at like 4, so that was nice. Sister Woodbury is from Lindon, Utah, she's 22 and studies something crazy smart at BYU. I can't rememeber what though.
They haven't started closing all those sister cities that opened last year, and I believe they will be getting new sisters the transfer I leave. 

For my birthday, we had dinner at a member who has us over every Tuesday. I don't know if anyone knew it was my birthday, but I don't really think they cared, either. I haven't been in this city very long, and I don't really have an emotional connection with anyone, except for the less active member, Bernadette that we work with all the time, so that's okay. They're nice people, though.
The Kermis was super fun. I miss rides, it was easily the best p-day i've had on my mission. Also, I would say it was definitely worth the price for each ride, because they keep you on the ride a long time, it was fun. 

No, we don't go tracting on the boats. One day they're there, the next they aren't, and it's not like there's really a way to go ring their door bell or anything. They look fun though, it would be cool to teach someone who lived on a boat. Our next zone conference is at the end of July. 

So on Tuesday, Sister Packer and I taught what was easily the best most spiritual lesson of my mission. It was sooo cool. It was with the member referral that we finally got into contact with last week. She's a young mom with  2 kids, and all she wants is to find out what God wants with her life. During the lesson she just kept asking like really amazing questions and she took notes and everything. There was a point in the lesson where she was talking about faith and how sometimes she just needs a sign, like everyone else. And so we're sitting there talking about faith when all of a sudden she stops us and tells us to look around. And we're like uh? Okay? And then we notice that the room is exceedingly bright. And mind you, this is at 9 p.m. and it's been raining all day. Then she proceeds to tell us about how she's never seen light so bright and that the sun was directly behind our heads and that it seemed like it was noon. It was cool. And then we move on and we ask her to end the lesson with prayer, because that was a big focus for her during the lesson and she was really hesitant, but then she began to pray, and it was just like the most amazing thing ever. She just opened her heart and said the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. And then she started to cry, and I have never cried during a lesson  before, but I definitely shed a few tears during that one. Then after, she was just like, I want what you girls have. I want to know all about your church so we have an appointment with her again tomorrow. She's just so cool. It was definitely a reminder to me that God has prepared people and that what we are doing as missionaries is making a difference. 

On Thursday we also got a new investigator, but there is a huge language barrier, because she speaks some  Asian language. Anyway, Sister Woodbury had the genius idea of using the gospel art book she has to teach the lesson. And it actually worked. Like, we tried just teaching very basically, and reading from the Book of Mormon she has in her language, but the second we started using pictures, it was like a whole different person was sitting in front of us. You could see the understanding click on her face. It was super cool. 

Friday we talked with this guy on the street who thought that he was a creation of Satan instead of God. He also thought he was super human and was never going to die. Really weird, strange, and a little creepy. But even those people are still children of God, and we made sure he knew that by the end. 

Okay, just so you know, yesterday I had to go to the ER. Don't worry, it wasn't anything major, and I'm totally fine now. A few days ago I got a freaky bug bite and assumed it was going to heal. Well, yesterday I woke up, and my whole calve was inflammed, hot to the touch, and swollen, so yeah, totally infected with something. I called sister Robinson, and she told me to go to the ER, so we did. I got some antibiotics, and it's much better now. So, no worries. Thank goodness I'm not serving in Africa. :) Still hate Dutch doctors, but at least I serve in a place where I have access to medicine. Also, the doctor didn't speak english. Really? Everyone in this country except the doctors speak English. So annoying. Thank goodness I'm at the end of my mission and can actually speak with him. haha. But seriously, I'm fine now, so don't worry. 

Okay, I think that's all for this week. Love you , miss you. Hope everything is well.
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment