Monday, August 18, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays and her Greenie is doing well!



So, I've got like 10 weeks left. Weird! Everyone is constantly reminding me that I'm going home soon. Members, missionaries, friends, it's crazy. (not really her family though :)  )

Sister Fredrickson is doing well, and her language is coming along fine, even when she doesn't think so. Just so you know, we don't know how to do any contacting when we come into the land. At the MTC they only sort of teach you the lessons, but as far as contacting or anything like that, that's up to the trainer to help them.  We do have zone conference this month, next week, I think. And then  next month is mission  conference, because Elder Ballard is coming.

I went on exchanges with Sister Greenwell this week and she was super helpful! I got lots of information about Den Haag out of her because she had already served here. Speaking of Den Haag, I got us home this week from some random place without even having to use the map! It was quite the accomplishment.

We were walking out of our apartment the other day when this random guy starts yelling at us, which is normal, I usually just ignore it, until I realize he's asking us if we're Mormon missionaries, and he's speaking English. This poor guy thought that Mormons didn't leave their compound in Utah, and he never thought he would see a real missionary. Well surprise! We exist. It was a nice chat, but towards the end he started getting really rude, but whatever, that's people for you. But he was asking me about my schooling and I'm like well, I have my degree in neuropsychology, and he's like what? but you're Mormon, you can't be smart. And I'm like um, wow, thanks? Anyway, we got rid of a lot of stereotypes with him that day, and hopefully he won't hate Mormons so much in the future.

What else... hmmm.... we found a new investigator this week. So, we'll see where that goes. We biking someplace and I just stopped and talked to him. We taught him a street lesson and have an appointment with him on Tuesday, and Sister Fredrickson was part of her first Book of Mormon placement, yay! Other than that, there's not anything too interesting going on this week... oh wait. We visited this 90 year old man who lives by himself, but definitely shouldn't because he could die any second, and his house is covered in garbage. And he definitely has a crush on me. He asked me to write him a note in this book that he has that all these famous people, like queens and kings have written in, and then I signed it with my first and last name. Definitely a mistake, because he wouldn't stop calling me Karoline after that. then he was talking to Sister Fredrickson and he was talking about how pretty he thinks I am and that he would like to be my boyfriend. I just look up from writing and I'm like well, we have to go, have a nice day! At least it added some spice to our day.
Okay, I have to go, we have to go to Leiden to do immigration stuff for Sister Fredrickson, but I love you. Have a great week and day. Miss you!
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment