Monday, August 4, 2014

She's Going to be a Mommy! A Transfer, a Greenie and a Wonderful Experience in Sacrament Meeting.

We had a great week, but first, transfer news: I am leaving. And I will be going to Den Haag, and training. Meaning me and my little greenie will be whitewashing. I'm terrified, haha. I wasn't expecting that call at all. There's only one sister coming in this transfer, and I wasn't expecting to train her. I didn't even consider it a possibility. Crazy. So we'll see what happens. Den Haag is one of the biggest cities in the Netherlands, and it has the biggest ward, so that should be exciting. (It's also where the temple is located.)It's too bad I only got one transfer with Sister Woodbury, but I think she will like her new companion too, so everything should be good there.

My new address is:
Apeldoornselaan 105
2573 LD S-Gravenhage
Nederland

So, one of our investigators is going to be baptized in September. She's the really awesome one we've been teaching all transfer. Anyway, she probably has the biggest desire to be baptized of anyone I've ever taught, so it's cool. It's too bad that I won't be here for it, but it's okay. She and her daughter, and her niece were at church again yesterday, this makes time number 3, and the ward finally integrated them. Everyone is back from vacation, so there were actually people at church to fellowship them, it was great. 
 (Inserting the experience where they first taught this womanSo on Tuesday, Sister Packer and I taught what was easily the best most spiritual lesson of my mission. It was sooo cool. It was with the member referral that we finally got into contact with last week. She's a young mom with  2 kids, and all she wants is to find out what God wants with her life. During the lesson she just kept asking like really amazing questions and she took notes and everything. There was a point in the lesson where she was talking about faith and how sometimes she just needs a sign, like everyone else. And so we're sitting there talking about faith when all of a sudden she stops us and tells us to look around. And we're like uh? Okay? And then we notice that the room is exceedingly bright. And mind you, this is at 9 p.m. and it's been raining all day. Then she proceeds to tell us about how she's never seen light so bright and that the sun was directly behind our heads and that it seemed like it was noon. It was cool. And then we move on and we ask her to end the lesson with prayer, because that was a big focus for her during the lesson and she was really hesitant, but then she began to pray, and it was just like the most amazing thing ever. She just opened her heart and said the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. And then she started to cry, and I have never cried during a lesson  before, but I definitely shed a few tears during that one. Then after, she was just like, I want what you girls have. I want to know all about your church so we have an appointment with her again tomorrow. She's just so cool. It was definitely a reminder to me that God has prepared people and that what we are doing as missionaries is making a difference.)

Friday, after weekly planning we were out contacting, and the whole world was hating us, and no one was accepting our cards, so sister Woodbury gave one to a cat. It was the only thing that accepted the gospel that day, haha. Hopefully that cat really enjoys Mormon.org. (Maybe the cat will find Karoline's profile http://www.Mormon.org/me/C7YB/Karoline)

Saturday, there was some kind of party going on, and there were drunk people everywhere, even on the trains, which is super unusual for Assen. I think people were just celebrating the end of the summer. Anyway, it just reminded me how much I hate alcohol. Seriously, seeing people who have been using it, you just look at them, and you're like wow, you're stupid, look at you. But that's how I feel about that. 

We taught a couple of really good lessons this week. Yesterday, I was sitting in Sacrament, and I was looking at our little branch, and seeing our investigators, and the inactives/less actives who have come to the branch since I was transferred here 12 weeks ago, and I knew then that I was going to be transferred. Like, I just felt the end of my work there. It was the greatest feeling though, knowing that I had fulfilled my exact purpose in being called to this city. It's great leaving with the feeling that I've done what I was expected to do here. And now, I'm probably off to my last area, which is exciting. By the way, since the mission office has apparently forgotten about me, I should be home October 30th. My last day is the 28th, the 29th is transfers, we spend the night in the mission home, and the 30th I should be arriving home. 


Bernadette, Zr. Western, Zr. Woodbury

Okay, I have to go. Love you.
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment