Monday, October 20, 2014

Temple Conference, Update on the Twins, An Investigator with a Baptism Date




Hi,
So, we had temple conference this week, and it was awesome. We finally saw one of the new films, and it's waaaay better, I liked it a lot. Yes, they split the mission in half again. It was weird because I had to get up there and give my dying testimony, but there were also like 10 other people giving theirs the same day, so I kept it short and sweet and to the point. Because it's a testimony, not a dying talk telling everyone how awesome and great you are. Also, I'm proud of the sisters because only one sister cried while she was talking, (no, it wasn't me.) yes, I'll be staying in a hotel again when I leave, because there will be too many of us. What the heck is with me and sister Packer being on different flights? We're pretty sad about that one.
The twins came to a baptism service this past week and loved it. They were also really reverent, so good for them.  Dominika, one of the twins told me she wished I was her mom, and I told her she can't say that because that would make her mom sad, so she said I could be her step  mom haha. The mom said she wanted to come to church this past week, but then she was called into work, sad day. The twins had to give talks in primary this week on baptism and the holy ghost. I'm beginning to wonder if the primary president realizes that they're not members, but that's okay because it gave us the chance to teach them all about baptism, so that was cool.
One of the days this week, there was this random van that sold coffee parked outside of our apartment because the business below us was having a party, and the guy asked if he could use one of our outlets, and the first thing I told him was that we were from the church, and we actually don't drink coffee, so it would be weird for us to support his business like that. haha, I've gotten so churchy.
Sister Fredrickson had to go to Brussels for legality this week, so I was on exchanges with Sister Schwab, and we were out finding and we accidentally crashed a birthday party. We were ringing bells, and some guy let us up, even though he saw we were from the church, and we walk in and realize it's a birthday party for some girl turning 20, but we taught them anyway. They don't want us back, but it was still fun.
Oh yeah, we set a baptismal date with one of our investigators. He's been investigating forever, and he set a date with us for December 27. I hope it works out, that would be cool, he's a nice guy. He's taking us to get Roti this week. It's delicious. 


Okay, I love you. I miss you. I'll see you next week.
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment