Monday, October 6, 2014

Not much to update, Free Jewelry! and Pictures!



Our week was kind of boring, I don't feel like very much happened.
We saw conference, except for the Sunday afternoon session. I liked Elder Callister's talk. I thought it was weird that pretty much every talk Sunday morning was about sustaining the prophet. Probably because President Monson is really sick. We didn't have any investigators watch conference with us. We don't have zone conference anytime soon.  Well, we have a sisters conference this Saturday, and next week is temple conference.
Pretty much everything was updated in our apartment. New floors, we got a stove and an oven, yay! Um... a new shower head  thingy, since I'm pretty sure the other one was from when the apartment was built 100 years ago. all the old wallpaper is gone. It looks nice.
We had a nice appointment with one of our investigators this week. He doesn't believe in God as a person, more like a thing. Anyway, this week he was totally prepared to hear the lesson we had for him, and he's cruising through the Book of Mormon. He loves the stories. He's not totally  understanding how to apply it yet, but that's okay. He's really into it though. He kept telling us not to spoil it for him, and if Nephi was really going to kill Laban haha. 

We also had the appointment with the guy who called us last week and then came to church. I don't know what happened to him, but he was a completely different person. He was not the same person who showed up to church on Sunday. He was just completely anti and everything. It was really sad, but that happens. 


On Saturday, we were out finding. And we rang this bell, and they let us up, and this guy answers the door and motions to let us know that he's deaf. And I don't think he could read our lips because we're American. Anyway, I wrote on a piece of paper about why we were there and that we share the book of Mormon and yadda yadda, and he points to some words on his wall  that are about God and then takes a Book of Mormon, and then invites us back! Cool. The appointment is in two weeks, so we'll see. But it was fun to talk to someone so positive. 


One of the elders has called me Sister Westren instead of Western for the last transfer and a half, so yesterday I corrected him one last time and told him that if he called me sister Westren again he was going to have to buy me something pretty, and he said okay as long as it was in a 10 euro budget, so 30 minutes later, he called me sister westren, and today, he bought me a new necklace. I don't think he'll be making that mistake again. But yay for free jewelry.
Have a good week, love you.
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment