Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Update on the Twins and other Investigators.



Hey,

Sister Fredrickson and I  had a great week this week. We worked super hard, and it went super fast. And, we had four investigators in church again this past Sunday, which was cool.

The twins that we are teaching are doing super well! We picked them up for church on Sunday, because the member who would normally bring them wasn't going to be at church. I'm never going to have one of my own kids on the back of my bike. It's terrifying, they just move around and are crazy, and I'm scared they're going to injure themselves haha. Anyway, both of the twins got up and bore their testimonies in church on Sunday! They just got up there and thanked the members for being so  nice and loving and that they enjoy coming to the church and that the sisters teach them about Jesus, haha. They're so cute. but of course, they made me go with them...  but that's okay, it was my last fast and testimony meeting of my mission, so I figured I should probably get up there. Oh my gosh. It's so scary! Speaking Dutch in front of all those people gets me every time. 

We had a super  cool miracle this week! We were in an appointment with an investigator, but we hadn't started the appointment yet, and our phone starts ringing, and I answer it like a person with no manners, and there's this guy on the other end who is like hey, you came to my house a few months ago, and I'm like uh... I've definitely never been to your house, and I have no idea who you are. So I explain the situation, and then he says that the sisters met with him months ago, and that he told them that he would call sometime when he felt like he had more interest and wanted to come to the church. And he called. What? No one actually calls. So I give him the address of the church, and he actually showed up on Sunday! and had a great time. We have an appointment with him tomorrow, so we'll see how that one goes.
On Monday night, we taught a members girlfriend, except she speaks chinese, and so we would teach, and then the chinese elder, Elder Lee, would translate, and then teach more, and then it was  just crazy. My brain felt like it was going to explode with too many languages being spoken that night. It was exhausting.

The lady that we're teaching to read, she just had a death in her family, and we went to go see her, and it was crazy. African people are very... expressive, with their emotions, and it was just a really weird experience for us, but we'll stop by sometime this week and see how she is doing, because she wasn't in church on Sunday.

Sister Fredrickson and I moved back into our apartment again, so I don't have to sleep in an Elders bed anymore, it's wonderful. :)
 Oh, question, can you make an eye appointment for me? i really hate these contacts I'm wearing, and would love to get some American ones. .
okay, Have a great week.
I love you.
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment