Monday, September 22, 2014

A Child's Prayer, Teaching a 50ish Woman to Read and, Ewww, Living in the EldersApartment.


Hey,

First of all, sorry that I forgot to wish you happy birthday last week, so happy birthday.


This week, we started teaching two twins, who are almost 9. One of them runs up to me and is like teach me about Jesus, you're my sister and I want to hear. And I'm like what? So I sat there and answered all of her questions, and then sat with her in primary yesterday. It was awesome! I really do feel like she is my little sister. Then I had her on the back of my bike yesterday on the way to take them back from church and she's like Western! and I'm like what? And she's like I'm going to start praying now, and I'm like what? And then she just starts praying while sitting on the back of my bike, thanking God for all that she has and that she has someone to teach her about Jesus and it was just so sweet! Oh my goodness, it touched my heart. Ah, it was just special, I don't know how to describe it.


We also had a breakthrough with one of our other investigators this week! He's one of the most difficult people I have ever taught. oh my. But this week, we just sat him down, and read from the Book of Mormon with him, and went through step by step about how he could apply it to his own life. It was awesome. you could just see the understanding finally sink into him, it was such a good feeling.


We're working with a less active in the ward, and she can't read or write, and I'm like this is crazy, I studied neuropsychology, and sister Fredrickson studied education, if anyone can teach this lady to read it's going to be us. So we taught her how to spell and write her name. I couldn't believe it. Here's this 50 something year old lady, who doesn't even know what her name looks like! But then, she finally got it down after like 40 minutes or so, and she just starts crying talking about how it was a miracle and all those things. It was one of the most touching things I've experienced. Sister Fredrickson and I almost cried right along with her. But I held it together. :) ha ha.


Living in the Zone leaders apartment is creating some incredibly awkward moments. I am sleeping in an elder's bed, It's freaking me out. Anyway, we were sitting there after finishing our planning the other day when all of sudden we hear our door start to open, and we're like uh, what? And then you hear Elder Moomey yelling, Fetch! The chain lock is on? How did they do that? They just start asking if anyone was home and then Sister Fredrickson and I round the corner and make eye contact with Elder Moomey and he's like we thought you weren't home!! And you can bet I was in my PJs. How many elders are going to see me in my pajamas?! Then yesterday, they came over at like 11 to fax their numbers, and we open the door, only to realize that all 4 of us are wearing gypsy pants. I can't wait to get back to my own apartment.
i was freaked out when I went in their shower, and put my body wash on the shelf, only to realize that one of the elders uses the same body wash, and it's definitely for girls

Today we are in Delft, because there's someone here who wants his girlfriend to be taught by the sisters, which is awkward because the elders to delft have been teaching her but okay. Anyway, we decided to just come spend pday here because we wanted to come anyway, and it's the place to buy souvenirs.so, I took 70 euros out of my account, fyi.  And I'm almost completely done now, except that they wrapped absolutely everything, so I have no idea whats what.


I feel good, coming into my last transfer. Like, I know I've done what I'm supposed to have done. I'm not stressing out, and it's just work as normal. Except there are some cool things finally beginning to happen in Den Haag, so we are excited about that. Sister Fredrickson is doing super well, I basically put her in charge of everything, it's great. But it's better for her, because now she knows that she can do anything, because shes going to be training if not this coming transfer the one after, since all the sisters are leaving.



Okay, I think that's all. Have a great week, I love you.

Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment