Monday, September 15, 2014

Starting her Last Transfer and a Report on Mission and Sister's Conference.



So, I'm starting my last transfer, and things will be staying the same, with me and Sister Fredrickson serving here in Den Haag. So that's good. Although, we are moving this week, so I have to pack up all my stuff anyway. Which is super annoying, but whatever.  We're going to be moving in Wednesday night.

The Ballard conference was pretty good. I  learned a lot. He talked about making sure we know the lessons, and letting go of whatever it is that is keeping you from completely serving the Lord. All in all, it was an uplifting experience, so that's good. No, I did not get pictures. That's not allowed. Also, he and his wife are so cute. I was sitting on an aisle seat during the stake conference later that day, and I got to speak to her for a few minutes as she was trying to leave but got stuck with all the people who don't know church protocol. Poor thing was so tired. But she's cute. 80 year old people are fun. I liked this sisters conference in Amsterdam a lot. I also really liked that Elder Ballard just threw down on people getting offended if they felt like a talk was only directed at a certain group of people. I didn't listen to it in Dutch. I think the translators are super annoying, and most of the Dutch people were using the English headsets because they prefer it that way. Actually, when the conference first started, we were listening to it in Danish for the whole first speaker, because there was some kind of problem, where our location was listed incorrectly.

This week we met with one of our investigators, and he bought a couple giant bags of chocolate kruidnoten for me. Isn't that nice!? the week before he had mentioned sinterklaas and I had talked about how those chocolate things were my favorite and that I hoped I could get them before I got home and then, toevallig, they were available in the stores the next week, and he saw them and thought of me and then bought a couple bags so that I would for sure have some. I thought it was nice! Thoughtful investigators are the best.
We had a service project this week with all the missionaries at this home of one of the members helping them rearrange everything for their new baby, and we were painting walls, and I went into another room and I walked in on one of the zone leaders painting himself. I decided at that moment that the missionaries won't be allowed to help with anything in my house, ever. But most people in the states don't use missionaries that way anyway.
We did have an investigator at church yesterday. We're teaching this guy who comes pretty much every week, but for whatever reason won't  commit to baptism, which is okay for now, because he has some major concerns that still need to be cleared up .
On Monday, we had FHE with the JOVOs, and sister Fredrickson was leading the music, acapella, and we were supposed to be singing spirit of God,  but she accidentally got the group to sing it to the tune of how firm a foundation. haha. I'm pretty sure I was the only one who noticed, because I was the only one laughing, until everyone got to the chorus and the words suddenly didn't fit anymore.
Well, that's about all for this week. I love you and miss you.
Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment