Yes, I can definitely believe it is mid-august, I'm pretty
excited. Except for the fact that it is going to be getting colder here soon
then, and that is not so fun, but the heat is way worse. I got the package
envelope thingy last wednesday, I think. Thank you. :) Also, next week, I
will be emailing monday morning because on Tuesday, President and Zuster
Robinson are going to be coming up to work with us, because they try to do that
with all the areas once in a while. Anyway, since they will be here Tuesday we
will have to email Monday. So yeah.
Anyway, yesterday for Pday, we had a zone pday in a park in
Amsterdam with all the young single adults from all of Holland. It was fun,
except it was super long, and all I wanted to do was take a nap :) We
taught a lot of lessons this past week, and it was great! Teaching is fun,
especially when you have word mix ups and the people are just staring at you
like what the heck? And then they correct you and you all laugh. Great times.
That one investigator, who we picked up because he was hitting on me? We taught
him again this past Saturday, he bought us breakfast again and everything.
Anyway, we were teaching him out on this bench, that is really only for
drunks and drug addicts but we didnt have a joint teach so you do what you have
to do, anyway, we were teaching him, and one of his friends, because he is
the most popular guy in Lelystad, comes up to him and joins in on the lesson we
were teaching. Why did he join? Because he was hitting on me, and it was gross.
But hilarious too, Sister Raun and I have been laughing about it since.
Basically, he was asking if I was married, and he was making sure I understood
that he was alone. There's a phrase they use in Dutch. ""Even old
goats have a taste for fresh grass" Hilarious. Don't worry, it was in the
middle of the day in public so it wasnt too creepy, but then he asked if he
could buy me lunch and I'm just like uh no. Great times.
Oh, then theres this market in Lelystad on saturday
mornings, and he took us there. Last week, we bought a cake bread
thing that was less expensive because it was broken. It´s called
ugly bread or something. Anyway, Sister Raun was trying to ask
him where it was, but he misunderstood and thought it was an american bread. So
he went to all the baking stands and asked them if they had ugly american
bread. haha.
Anyway, then we have another investigator, who is the one
who was a former form the elders months ago that we found door to door. He
never read the book of mormon alone. But the other day, he did, and he totally
understands it. He's the one who pretty much teaches us. We've figured that if
we arrange the lesson more like a bible study class and give him the chapters
and the topics for next time that he will keep his commitments. He even knows
that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we need the proper authority for
baptism. So we're working on it.
then theres the investigator from Suriname. Basically, she
has told us that she wont keep her commitments ever, but l;ikes having us over
for dinner each week and likes to learn about Christ. Her husband is
progressing though, so we go back. Also, she totally defended us to the
jehovas witnesses the other day. They were bashing on the BoM and shes like uh
no it cant be an evil book. They're great people and I love having them in my
home. It was great to hear.
| Karoline and their Suriname investigator, wearing the Sari she was given |
Another investigator is a Jew, and we run into him everywhere.
This past week, he told sister Raun that she reminds him of the teacher on
little house on the prairie. People love that show here. They think thats what
america is like. Therefore people ask me all the time when they see the name
Western, if I live on a ranch and shoot guns and like cowboys. Weird.
I have been sleeping better recently which is great. Last
night was the best sleep I´ve had since I got here. Also, I know I wont be
training next transfer because there aren't any sisters coming in, just a huge
group of elders, but, transfers are getting close, we will know sept 1, and I
think Sister Raun or I will get transfered but I dont know. But as far as mail
goes, yeah, I think everything should be there before then, but I wouldn't send
anything next week.
Thats all I can think of this week.
Love you.
| Brussels, 8/2013 |
| Zrs. Western and Raun 8/2013 |
| Zr. Western 8/2013 |
| Zr. Western and Zr. Brown in Amsterdam |
| Obligatory Windmill picture |
| Einkhuisen 6/24/2013 |
No comments:
Post a Comment