We taught a lot again this week. Yay teaching! We met with that investigator who has a crush on me, and we were outside and he starts looking down and picking up the empty bags of weed. We're like what the heck. Then he starts putting them all together, like the little leftovers from the bags, and he's like I don't do drugs, but I'm going to make someone very happy with this. Then he pulled up a marajuana plant and took it with him when we were done teaching him. Yep. But, he also came to church yesterday! That was really cool.
Yesterday, our branch had a gastendienst, or a guest service thing. We werent really sure what was going to happen, or if people were going to come. Throughout the week, we were meeting with members, and everytime we saw them they would be like please be remembering to pray for missionary work, and for people to come to the service on Sunday. Basically they were reminding us to do our job. Ha. But these are great people, and they give everything they have to missionary work. Anyway, there were a ton of people at the service yesterday. Some families invited two or three families to come, so it was super full. Meanwhile, out of the 7 investigators we have, and how ever many the Elders had, only one investigator showed up. So, it just goes to show you that the members know where it's at. also, the branch president texted us 40 minutes before the meeting and told me i had to talk after all. about why i served a mission and my testimony and such. So I wasnt happy, and it was stressful. So i just made it super short. :)
We also taught the investigator, who we found door to door, who was a former investigator of the elders months and months ago, but he never progressed and read the Book of mormon on his own. Well, this week in the lesson, he told us that he had read 10 chapters out of 2 nephi. 10! That's not even the best book in the Book of Mormon. It was super exciting for us. Then he testified to us about Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and then was like what do you think ladies, doesnt it make perfect sense that there needed to be a restoration of Christ's church. And we're like uh yes. Clearly. It's great. He's really awesome.
The other teaching appointments were just normal things.
So did I tell you about Sister Raun making brownies for a guy who fixed her bike? do you know this story, I dont know if i've said it before. Anyway a couple weeks ago we were biking and the spokes on the back tire of sister rauns bike start snapping. Anyway, it was right in front of this huge family with like 7 generations in it, and they all just happen to have a tool kit to fix it. So they fix it for her, and since then Zuster Raun has been set on making them brownies and then somehow trying to find them again to give them to them. So we made them this week, and we go to look for them at their shed thing and dont see them, and the numbers on the shed dont correlate to the house numbers, so thats too bad and we're like well we'll come back later. So we go back and we find one of the guys and she gives them to him. And im pretty sure he did not remember us at all. He looked us like we were crazy people, of course. So then, this week, we were biking and we passed them so i just waved and said hello and then just continued biking. The other guy had waved back. Zuster Raun however, was convinced that he was trying to flag us down because he wanted to be baptized. Haha. So this guy, saw us continue to bike, stop, talk to one another, and then ride all the way back to him. Raun is like were you trying to stop us? And hes like no, she said hi and i was saying hi back. And Zr. Raun is like ohhhhhh..... well bye. Basically she was super embarrassed. She went on and on about how it was the most embarrassing day of her mission. Personally, I can think of like 100 other things that have happened that were worse but thats okay. But it was pretty funny. Also, this week, we needed a joint teach to go to teach the guy who read 10 chapters in the BvM. But she called and told us that she didnt have a bike so she wouldnt be able to come. But, we currently have three bikes in our locker because Zr Raun borrowed one from the Senior couple when hers was being fixed. So Zr. Raun had to ghost ride a bike out to this member.Thats when you are riding a bike and youre holding the other bike so that theyre riding next to each other. It's not too hard except for the fact that we had to go over some windey bridges to get there. fun times.
One of the members here she loves us, and we love her. Shes amazing. This week, she said that she wishes that we were her daughters. It was really sweet.We also cleaned out her garden for her this week, and it made her so happy. She told every person who called, and who she talked to on sunday about how much she loves the sister missionaries. I hope she knows sisters get transferred too, or that is going to be extra sad when one of us leaves. Also, transfers are this week, so I will know next week if I'm moving.
Zuster Raun's mom sent her a package this morning, and her mom made me Pjs. Theyre hilarious. Basically, they are one huge square of fabric, and when you put your arms out, you look like a flying squirrel. Theyre huge, but super comfy. Im sure I will love them in the winter. But we were super excited to get them, and it was really nice of her mom. Also, this week when we met with the Suriname lady, she used some of the worlds hottest pepper in her cooking, and then thankfully told us not to eat it. But, the husband was daring us to try a piece. So all four of us tried a piece. I was the only one who could swallow it. Because I'm so tough like that. ;) But really, I thought I was going to die. I though for sure my mouth was bleeding. But it was a fun experience.
I have no idea what we will be doing with President and Zuster Robinson tomorrow. We've had some appointments lined up, but today, they have all fallen through, even our dinner appointment, but we are going to be trying to teach an investigator, eat with a member, and go tracting with them. It's a little stressful, but I'm sure it will be a great time. Yes, there are sidewalk drawings here. At least in Lelystad. I havent actually seen them anywhere else. I don't know if I will be able to meet grandma. I suppose I can ask, but techncially, it is against the rules. But there are people who have gotten permission to see people when they've been here. Is she going to Amsterdam? Thats two train stops away from us. Schipol is the airport stop, and thats far away. like an hour by train. I havent gotten the envelope yet, and I will get the package in a couple weeks, with the new transfer because we will be having zone conference that same week. Well, thats all I can think of this week. Love you.
karoline.
No comments:
Post a Comment