Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Week of August 6-13.


I don't really have too much to say this week.
Belgium: That is a forever long train ride away. We had to catch the 630 train in the morning from Lelystad to get down to Rotterdam by 9 to meet all the other missionaries going, and then it was another two hours to Brussels. So no, my companion didn't go, she went on exchanges with another person for the day. There were about 35 or so missionaries who had to go for one reason or another. We were in city hall until about 3, and our train left at 420. And it was pouring rain, so the companion and I just went back to the train station got lunch and then got on the train. I figure I'll see Brussels when we go back next month to pick up our IDs. Belgium is kind of ghetto, I'm not sure what it is exactly, because you would think it would have to be a nice place. But, ask the missionaries, and they all agree. But they all love it too. The train ride was really fun though, because it was just a chill day to get to talk to a lot of people and get to them and things. We did spend about 8 1/2 hours on a train that day though. We got to our apartment right at nine. One of the Elders that I sat next to on the train to Belgium thanked me for having an intelligent conversation with him. Not the worst thing I've ever been thanked for.  
Yes, it is starting to cool off, just like that we are back to wearing sweaters and scarves, but I don't think it will stay like that too much longer. We should be able to just wear regular clothes for a bit this week. 
Nothing really exciting happened this week, so I'm not really sure what to write about. My talk got cancelled though, they totally changed the program around for that sunday, so none of the original speakers have to speak anymore. So, whoever was praying that I wouldnt have to speak got their prayers answered. :) Yesterday we went to a single adult activity with the old people in the branch (which is pretty much everyone). Like people in their 50s 60s and such. It was like a family home evening thing. Anyway we walk in and someone is like which one of you is allergic to mushrooms? Sister raun and I just looked at each other like uh none of us. So Sister Raun just told them I was allergic. So, I will never have to eat mushrooms at a members house again since they think I'm allergic. Tender mercies. ;)
We taught the guy who was hitting on me for the first time on Saturday. We showed up to his apartment, and we couldnt find a joint teach so we told him we would have to teach him out in the courtyard place thing and hes like you girls ha ve a lot of rules. He then hands me a cup of coffee and I'm like Zuster Raun what do I do? And shes like just trip and make it look like you dropped it on accident. But shes just like  uh actually we have another rule too. We dont drink  coffee. And hes like no coffee? What do you live for?  And then we were teaching him and hes like "girls, i'm from south america, i'm living in the Netherlands. I've seen a lot of things. But I never thought it'd be two white blonde girls from America who would show up and surprise me". Anyway, he said he'd be baptized because he didn't think it would hurt  him. So we shall see where that goes.
That's pretty much all I can think of. Love you.

Karoline

This is a picture of Zr. Western and Zr. Brown, another missionary.  She's has been there one transfer longer than Karoline, this picture was taken in Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment