Monday, December 23, 2013

A Great Week, Some New Investigators, Skype



Hopefully, I wont be skyping any time earlier than 8 your time. But it should be around there sometime. Maybe even 830 or 9. That's about as specific I can get with the time, sorry. We have appointments on Christmas, so that's actually what we're doing all day, because we have to travel to them. so, we are having a German Christmas with one family for lunch, and then having dinner with another family, and that's when where we are skyping. They have a really nice house.... Anyway, Katelyn made a new skype account for me  because I couldnt remember my info, so you'll have to talk to her to make sure she got it all worked out, and that her computer is okay to skype with. :)

this week we found this guy on the street, he's from Iraq, and he's been Christian his whole life. Anyway he has a baptismal date for the 12 of January. I'm not quite sure he understands everything, or what. He also still thinks he can be baptized in every country.... sooooo. yeah. But he also likes to meet with us everyday. Oh, I was actually a little concerned he was going to ask me to marry him, but so far so good.

We also met this African lady on the street, she speaks Dutch, but prefers French, so I spoke French with her, and then we set up an appointment for later this week, so that should be interesting. I'm not sure how much dutch she understands, and it's not like I know how to teach the lessons in French, so yeah.
Yesterday the branch had their little Christmas program thing. They asked the missionaries to sing an English hymn, and the other missionaries, in turn asked me to sing the English hymn.  So we sang It Came Upon the Midnight Clear. And then I had a solo and a duet with one of the Elders, and then everyone sang some parts. Anyway, I'm pretty sure we were the best musical number. We do have a ward choir, made up of the 4 missionaries, and 4 branch members. I can't say that was spectacular. I dont know what it is, but Dutch people cannot sing in Dutch. they can only hit notes when the words are in English. I dont get it, but that's the way it goes.

Oh, ha, this is funny. We had this referral way out in the middle of no where this week, so we found the bus that was suppose to go there, but we get on the bus and the little display telling us the stops was broken, so we ended up missing the stop, and then rode it to the final destination, and all the way back to the Leeuwarden bus station. Pretty sure the guy thought we were crazy. Actually I know he did because he told us so. He did not get it. We couldnt get the stop on the way back because we had an appointment. but thats okay, it kept us warm and dry on a bus for an hour and a half.

we had a bunch of people at church yesterday. About 80 instead of the usual 30, so that was nice. We had 6 investigators in church on our end, and the elders had 6 as well. Except only 1 of our six is someone we actually are teaching. The other five are people that the members we are working with invited, so that's still nice. President and sister Robinson came and spoke in church, and President Robinson looked at me, and I just knew he was going to want to interview me. Sure enough he did. i suppose he just wanted to talk to me. He said the zone leaders said that they were thinking that I was struggling, and then hes like so why are you struggling? and I said, Uh, I wasn't aware I was struggling. I haven't even talked to the zone leaders during the three transfers Ive been up here, they just talk to my companion, so not really (sure)why they would say something like that. Then president was like oh good, because Ive always been impressed with you and your work, so I was hoping you weren't going to be one with problems... nope, no problems. He also told me that I will be getting transferred this coming transfer, which I already knew, because I knew sister Rigdon had to stay here since next transfer is her last one. Then he asked me If I had already served in Belgium, and I said no. So maybe I will get to go to Belgium next transfer. I think it's prettier there, but it's dirty. And the work is a lot harder, so we will see. 

I think that's about it for this week. Except that one night right before bed, I got up after my prayers to go the bathroom and Sister R jumped out of her bed and hid in my bed, and it scared the heck out of me when I got back in it. So, that's how things go. She scares me, I scare her back, she scares me even worse. It's a lot of fun.
So, I will you see you on Wednesday!
Love you, miss you!
Karoline


No comments:

Post a Comment