Hello,
So we had zone conference this week. We are in the Apeldoorn
zone, the conference was in Amsterdam, which is actually pretty cool, because
we were able to see Amsterdam in the Christmas time with all the
lights up. Pretty. The conference was pretty good. Elder Texiera is a pretty
good speaker, although the conference lasted forever. He gave us some advice on
how to find some people. We've been trying it, and we have had nothing come out
of it. Basically, it's lke when you go to pray in the lesson, you ask them for
something specific you can pray for, and specific people, and then you ask them
if you can visit those people. We haven't had anyone name anyone for us. Just
themselves, or for our own family. Also, he said something funny. He was
talking to President about how he was in England, and the Zone leaders had to
travel 2 hours by car to get to the conference. And he's like it's not like it
is here president, they have to travel to get to zone conference. Then Sister R and I laughed because we had spent over 4 hours on a train getting to
the conference. But that's not that bad. It's just one of the things you get to
do when you live at the top of the country. Train travel isn't the worst
though.
We had a really cool experience this week when we went to
the island. We met with the family we had the referral for, and they are
absolutely amazing. It was one of the best experiences I have had yet. It took
us three hours to get out there, but it was totally worth it. They were just
super open with us, and we just answered a bunch of questions for them. We were
also at her house for four hours... but it only seemed like 30 minutes. Also,
theyre the nicest people I've met here. Like, while we were drinking some tea with
them, the husband is like would you guys like some cookies to go with your tea?
And we're like oh no, that's okay, and he kept insisting and then he's like um,
actually you guys have to eat them because we don't eat sugar and we bought
them just for you. So he comes back with all these things of treats, and then
they had us take them with us when we left. They also made sure we wrote a
personal message to them in the Book of Mormon we left them. The wife, even
took a picture with us, she liked us so much. they're just awesome.
(The name of the island is Vlieland. It's very remote, in her area but as you can see, it takes a lot of time to get there. It's interesting to read about so here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlieland
The problem
is that we aren't really sure that we can teach them, because it took our whole
day going out there, and the ferry is so expensive. I'm pretty sure we'll be
eating rice cakes and peanut butter until we get our reimbursements. so anyway,
we have to talk to president about it, because they are ready for the gospel.
Also, let's talk about the ferry we got to take. On the way
there, we took the regular service ferry, and it was a couple hours. but it was
sooo cool. And the seats are so big and comfy and they recline super far back.
I wish all seats on public transit were like that. The ferry coming back was a
giant speedboat and it was under an hour to get back to shore. some people even
had to wear seat belts on that boat. Oh, and on the island we had to eat lunch,
but there arent any places to eat in our price range, so we got some sandwiches
at the grocery store, a bottle of coke, and thing of bugles and ate them on the
side of the road. Also, the people
leave their keys in their doors, and bikes and everything. We could have broken
into so many places that day.
We knocked a lot of doors this week, and gave out one book
of mormon to a guy who wants to give it to his dad for Christmas. The other day
we knocked this one door, and the lady didnt even tell us no. She just mumbled
mwaa waaah waa while shaking her head and closed the door. That was a first. I
hope she wasn't like sick or something because it was funny.
We also bought a Christmas tree this week. A real one,
for five euros. We were out in this little village, and we saw a sign for cheap
trees so we went to check it out and ended up buying one. We then had to take
it on the bus with us, and people looked at us like we were crazy.
Yesterday we had to travel down to Apeldoorn for the stake
Christmas concert. It was soooo much better than any church christmas concert
I've ever been to. Like the people were really good, and talented. And it was
just really good.
Yes, I did get the packages. Thank you very much. :) I
opened the one that's not for Christmas, and we are going to be making sugar
cookies with an inactive woman who is having a really hard time and her kids. I
also got the envelope with the blessings in them, thank you.
I don't think I will be with Sister R until she goes
home. I think I'm getting transferred this coming transfer, and Sister R
will stay. Otherwise they would have to get rid of both of us
next transfer, or keep me here for transfer
and I dont think they will do that.
Also, I will be skyping you guys probably at like 7 or 8
ish. Sorry it's so early.
I think that's all for this week. Love you! Miss you.
(and this one is from a recent trip to Haarlem,where they stayed overnight before Christmas zone conference. It's the city in "The Best Two Years".
And this one is for Sister Tauna Walker in our ward; who sent all of our ward missionaries Elf headbands so she could have a "missionary Elf on the Shelf" experience!





No comments:
Post a Comment