Monday, January 27, 2014

A Zone Training, A Weird Sunday and a Baptism Date



I can't believe my half way mark is coming around this week. On one hand it's felt like 700 years and that I should be this old grandma, but on the other hand it feels like I just got here  yesterday. I'm always surprised when people ask me how  long i've been on my mission and I have to reply "9 months" instead of like 2 weeks or something.

Zone conference was fine, nothing too special. Usually, the senior couple in the zone makes the lunch for us, but we actually (don't) have a senior couple  in the Antwerpen zone, so the zone leaders just ordered Dominos for everyone. 

So every sunday we have correlation after church, and we have a baptism planned on one of the same days as the elders, but the ward mission leader insisted that it needed to be on different days and we're like uh, no, and then he was like when are our priests going to baptize someone? And we told him  that when they start coming on joint teach with us and actually get to know the investigators then they can baptize them. The missionaries arent supposed to baptize people, President Robinson has asked that it be a ward member, which is great, but  most of the time that is going to be someone a little bit older,  like a YSA who has been going with us, and not some 16 year old kid that we don't even know. Anyway, this discussion went on forever, and was a huge waste of time, but  eventually the ward mission leader was like fine, i guess we cant plan this baptism today, and we're all sitting there like thats what we've been trying to tell you. Ugh so frustrating. Anyway, he tries he really does, and we appreciate the time he spends on us but it's always incredibly frustrating. But we are supposed to have a baptism on Feb 9. Shes a lady that they found right before i got here, so i've taught her all the lessons with sister aldous except the first one. But we are hoping that is still going through because yesterday we had this um.... eccentric guy speak in sacrament. And he was downright scary and creepy. Like, if I wasn't a member, I would have bolted and screamed Cult as I ran. Like it was seriously disturbing, and we're all looking around like who the heck let him speak. So then we had to answer a whole ton of questions with her, and with the investigators from the other elders, and  from  members, but that's okay. Oh, back to zone training, ah, getting orders is fun, because it's like Christmas, but then you realize you have to somehow carry all that stuff home. Oh my gosh. It was cold and rainy, and sister aldous had to carry the book of mormon box, and then I had the bag with all the orders in it, plus a ton of english book of mormons, such a pain. It took us forever to get it all back , but it was an interesting experience. 

We contacted so many French people this week. My French contacting is actually getting pretty good. Plus I found a french language guidebook thing in the apartment, so that's been a help. 

Something fun happened to us this week: our window broke. So windows here a little  different, and they open like all the way. On a hinge. I don't know how to describe it, but it was really windy the other day, and the window blows open, and then we realize that the handle thing controlling it is totally  broken and there is no way to close it. So that's been exciting. We need to call the office about that today actually...

We haven't had time to see the cool things in the area, but we are planning on it. Someday. Also, it's just always raining, so we haven't really taken any pictures or anything.
But I think that's pretty much everything for this week.
Love you, miss you!
Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment