Monday, January 13, 2014

New City, New Country, New Companion



So, I love Antwerpen, and I'm definitely not in the Netherlands anymore.  You know when you cross the border. Everything just gets a lot... less clean. But the city itself is really beautiful, and Michael Buble is coming here this week or next week or something, so thats points for the citizens of Antwerpen. 
It only took a few hours for us to get hit on by creepy Africans who asked Sister Aldous if they could have her friend, as in me. But that's okay, we're giving them a church tour this Saturday, ha. Belgium also has this nasty smell about it. Everyone calls it the Belgian Funk. Like, I dont know how to explain it. It's probably because people just pee on the street and then it sits there, but who knows. Yes, we do live above a pizza shop, so that's going to be super hot in the summer, but the pizza is okay, and we are pretty sure that it is owned by the Italian Mafia. We ride a lot of trams and buses here, so I'm probably going to be getting super fat from not biking, but we do also walk a lot so hopefully that helps. People keep telling us not to drink our water, but we've all been drinking it, and we're still alive. 

Apparently though, Antwerpen has better water than a lot of the missionary cities here. We have contacted a lot of French people. I kind of wish the French  Belgians would stay on their side of the country because it's hard to know what language youre supposed to be speaking when you stop to talk to someone. I had to introduce myself in church yesterday, and someone told me that I looked like a princess from  Monaco. I asked her if she was talking about grace kelly, but she said she was talking about her mom, so hopefully shes pretty. It wouldnt surprise me if that was just her way of telling me I looked like a trashbag or something either. haha.
The last few days in Leeuwarden were pretty chill, just visiting and saying goodbye and doing the work and everything. On the last night, we got to ride home in a Lexus that not only had heated seats, but also massaging seats, and it was a 40 minute ride home, so that was nice. Fanciest car I've ever been in. 
We had interviews with President this week, and he just said the same thing that he always does when he talks to me, like how he's always been impressed with me and stuff like that, so that's nice. Oh, he also said I might be a mission presidents wife one day, in his own way, so we shall see about that. 
My first lesson here, we had a really good lesson with someone who has had a question about something for years and she has been looking for answers in other churches  but when she read the book of mormon she got her answer. So, that was really cool. Shes supposed to be getting baptized in February. I think Antwerpen will be a good city for me, so I'm excited to keep working here. Especially because  know I'm going to be here for a pretty long time. Also, sister Aldous and I are excited to work with each other. One, because we were good friends in the MTC, but also because we are going to be celebrating our half way marks together next month. Yay.
I think that's pretty  much everything for this week.

 Have a good week. Love you, miss you.

Love, Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment