Monday, April 14, 2014

1 more Baptism, 2 more investigators, 3 sessions of General Conference



So the first week of the transfer is over. :) Yay. We also found two new investigators this week. One of them, is a 79 year old man who has no legs. We found him ringing bells in an inactive persons house trying to look them up. We're not sure what his intentions are  yet, maybe he's just trying to get more information about the church, but he's really interesting. And we got him to pray the other day for us, and it was cute. 

The other one we found is a headquarters referral. There's been this big Facebook campaign thing going on on the Netherlands and Belgium church Facebook page for the finding faith in Christ DVDs for Easter. And the mission is getting buckets of referrals, and so far most of them have been going to Belgium, which is pretty cool. Anyway we go to follow up on the DVD the church sent her, and she actually invited us in, which never happens. Like, she wasn't even wearing clothes, just a bathrobe and her hair wasn't done or anything but she still invited us in. How nice. Then she tells us that she's looking for a new church and we're just like well we can help you with that. But this week has been super interesting with teaching because I realize how good my Flemish has gotten since I came here. Like, now I'm the one who can understand the language and has to tell the companion what's going on instead of the first week in Belgium when you're just like uh, I don't speak Flemish or Antwaarps and what the heck are you people saying? So that's a nice feeling. :) This transfer I decided I need to work on humility, can you tell? haha. 


Yesterday we had our baptism. YAY! She was happy, even though, the same thing happened as the last baptism where we picked someone to baptize her and then we show up to the baptism on Sunday and the ward has picked someone else to baptize her. Drama drama drama. 


Oh yesterday in church there was a business man visiting who is originally from Tonga but now lives in California. I was sitting next to him and he's like I want to bare my testimony can you translate for me, and i panic and look over with a terrified face at the Elder who is doing the translating for the sacrament meeting and then he comes over to ask what was going on and I got him to translate for the guy so I wouldn't have to. Turns out it was the greatest decision ever because the guy's testimony was like crazy. He was telling all these stories from Tonga and using giant words and I'm just like wooo thank goodness sisters can get Elders to do anything for them. :)

Sister Wood and I went out for Chinese this week in china town.

 Guess what the restaurant was called? The Best. We took a gamble and decided to see if it was indeed the best. It was like in Elf, where he thinks he's found the worlds best cup of coffee just because they say it is. Anyway, we had some pretty interesting food. And the best thing was the dessert. Bamboo pie. It's this weirdo thing wrapped in Bamboo leaves. The outside is this sticky white stuff, and the inside is this bright yellow vanilla flavored cakey stuff. It looked like boiled egg but it was tasty. Until and hour later when I threw it all back up. :)



yes, we did get to watch conference, at least three sessions. We did not see the women's session or the last Sunday session. But we did get to see priesthood, it was the best session, I think. 

 I can't think of anything I want/need. I have been looking at some clothes but they cost a fortune, not worth it. Only six more months of wearing the same things all the time. :)

That's all I can think of for this week.
Love you, miss you. Have a good week. be safe.
Love, Karoline 

No comments:

Post a Comment