Monday, April 7, 2014

Another Great Week Serving in Antwerp. And Pictures.




This week felt like it was forever long, and I'm sure this week will to, because that's how the new transfers always begin. :) 

 (But first, a picture from Zone Training two weeks ago)

 
We started the week with a lesson with our baptismal date, who is getting baptized this sunday. She is super awesome. Easiest person to teach ever. She's doing really well, and we dont see why she wouldnt be baptized this Sunday, so that's exciting. On Tuesday, everyone wanted to say goodbye to Sister Aldous and we had 3 eating appointments within just a  couple hours. I thought for sure I was going to throw up. It was so nasty. At the end of our last appointment the person who fed us was just like uh you guys need to go for a walk and then she took us for a walk around a pretty park, so that was nice. 

Bye bye Sis. Aldous

On Wednesday, I was in the train station from 9 in the morning until 430 with  some elders waiting for the missionaries to come down. It was such a long day! And so boring, but it was fun to get to know some people better. Then in the evening Sister Wood had her first appointment here with some recent convert/inactives that we are working with, and the guy was totally drunk and wearing no pants. Welcome to Belgium. But we got out of there pretty quick. :)

The rest of the week was full of finding and some appointments with our baptismal dates, and they all went well. In appointment we were trying to teach the ten commandments to our Assyrian baptismal date, and we had made a matching game with pictures and then the commandment written out so it would be played like memory. He did not get it. no matter how many times we explained it, so eventually just gave up and taught him the normal way. So much for being creative haha. 

Oh! This week I was eaten alive. The mosquitoes are really really bad here, and I now am the proud owner of 38 bites. :) And they are huge! Like seriously the biggest bites ever, and then the welts turn purple and then scar so oh well. But It's been torturous dealing with the itch. Oh my gosh. I won't be able to do this all summer, so for that reason I hope this is my last transfer here. Luckily I still have some of that itch cream that you sent from when I had my run in with stinging nettle. Hopefully we can find some bug spray soon.

The weather has been really nice, but then of course our apartment is a furnace because of the heat in the day, and then our room is right above the oven from the pizza restaurant below us, and we cant even open our windows because of the mosquitoes so that's wonderful. But it is nice not being cold all day, and people are much more willing to stop and listen more often. 
So I think that's about it for this week...
Love you and miss you!
Love, Karoline 

(and a picture of Karoline and some Graffiti)

No comments:

Post a Comment