Monday, April 21, 2014

1 confirmation, 1 big roadblock, 2 Easters



Easter was yesterday and today is 2nd Easter, so Happy Easter again! :) I like how all the holidays here have two days, because then if you mess it up the first time, you just try it again the next day. Easy. Church was  normal, it was just like any other Sunday, and I don't feel like the talks or the lessons were really about anything Eastery so that was lame, but okay. This week Sister W and I spent a ridiculous amount of time making Easter cards for the ward to improve our relationship with them, because there is so much drama, and really this ward just likes the Elders,  but we're working on it. Anyway, they took sooooo long, and then we went and traveled the whole week trying to deliver them all, ah so tiring and long but hopefully something comes out of it. 

Yesterday our new convert did get confirmed. :) And it was awesome, and she's planning on going on the temple trip to go do baptisms for her own family members in a couple weeks, and that is super cool, and she came up with doing that all on her own, we havent even taught that stuff yet. She's great. This week, her member friend who invited her to church was like oh, well now that youre a member things will be so much easier for you. And she's just like, I don't know what youre talking about, my life has been harder than ever since I came to church and decided to get baptized, but now I know how to deal with it because the church is what makes that possible to get through. I thought that was so cool! She figured it out and connected the dots on her own. She knows her life is getting harder and that there have been trials facing her since she decided to get baptized and then became a member, but now she understands how to apply the gospel to help her out. How awesome.

With our other baptismal date, we hit a major road block with him this week. :( We were giving him the baptismal interview questions this week since he was supposed to be baptized next week, and we found out he isn't legally married, only married through the church. So... obviously he can't get baptized until that little problem is solved. It's going to be really hard though, because his wife person doesn't have any papers, so they can't get married, and shes from Georgia, and if she goes back, she won't be able to come back to Belgium. So we aren't really sure what to do about that. And it sucks because he shared his testimony with us this week and  he was talking about how much he wants to be baptized and that he doesn't understand why we don't want him to be or why the church doesn't except him . And then he was talking about how he has always had to work for everything his whole life. It made us so sad, because it''s true. Look at our investigator who just got baptized. All she had to do was walk into church and say she wanted to be baptized, and 3 weeks later she was. But he has been working on it for months and the ward doesn't want him, and he just keeps having obstacles. And that's hard to understand. Why the Lord makes it so easy for some people and so much more difficult for others. Like, he even told us that when he's baptized he's going to be a Mormon for life, so we feel really sad for him.

Sister W and I were walking through the centrum the other day and all of sudden there was a guy walking beside us asking us all about our beliefs and what church we were from so we stopped and talked to him, and now he wants to get together and "philosophize" as he calls it. He thinks he can de-convert us. but something interesting he said was that he believes that theres part of God in all of us and that therefore he thinks that we all have the potential to be Gods. And we're like oh hey, we believe pretty much the same thing, but we didn't tell him that, we just exchanged info and are meeting with him later. 
I can't really think of anything else that happened this week. Hmmm.... oh, yes there are lots and lots of chocolate bunnies and eggs, And they are huge, but we don't really go into stores very often so that's about the only comment I have about them. Next week we have temple conference, and everyone is really excited about it. I think it's cool that so many young people can be so excited about going to the temple. 

May 11 is mother's day, right? So we will be skyping that day as far as I know. 
I'm glad you went to Sister R's homecoming.  I don't really know sister Neilson. We called her one day because Sister R wanted to call and tell her goodbye because she was going home, but was too nervous to make the call so I just called her and said hi and then gave the phone to sister R. ha. 

Well, have a good week.
Love you, miss you,
Karoline 

No comments:

Post a Comment