Hello,
Yesterday was transfer
call Sunday, and Sister Aldous is getting transferred to Amsterdam, and I
will be getting Sister Wood. She's very much
one of those sisters that the Elders like a lot because she "works
hard" and feels guilty if she even
eats lunch. Whatever. Sister Aldous thinks I'm getting her to teach her
how things are and teach her how to have fun.
We still have our two baptism
scheduled for April. One, for the girl on the 13th, and the other for
the investigator who got married a couple weeks ago on the 27th. The
girl who came to church last week is super super awesome. She's the
easiest person to teach ever, and the ward is more willing to help her
out because shes Belgian. :) So that's at least good,
because whenever we teach someone who is not Belgian, it's impossible to
get some support. We taught her a couple times this past week, and
tonight we will teach her the last lesson, and then finish some
commandments.
I haven't been feeling well
lately, and haven't really been able to eat without getting a sick
feeling since I came to Belgium, and we had a dinner appointment this
week where they had made us spaghetti, and I walked into the apartment
and I thought I was going to throw up and just die, and the guy was
dishing up my plate and he's like how much do you want sister western,
and I looked at him and I'm like uh, 2 noodles. He looked at me and was
like okay... and gave me too noodles and a bread crumb, then he just let
me chill out while they all ate dinner. It was really nice of him
because a lot of members would be offended but he's just like okay, and
carried on. If I had had to eat a whole bowl of spaghetti I would have
lost it for sure.
We had zone training this past
week, and I found it to be a little boring. Like, my only wish is for
the leaders to use a different talk everytime. Instead we hear the same
subjects over and over again, and we're just sitting there for 5 hours
like, come on when is this going to be over.
On Saturday we had an
appointment with the other investigator who has a baptismal date, and he
is progressing a lot better. Last week we weren't sure if he was getting
baptized for the right reasons, but this week, it seemed more genuine.
Also his new wife is interested in hearing the lessons. The problem is
that she does not speak Dutch, or English. She speaks I think Russian,
Georgian, and like some weird language thats close to Turkish but I cant
remember what it's called. So we're not really sure what to do with
that. She also speaks a little french, like just basic conversation
stuff, but nothing that would be okay for us to teach her in. So we're
just not really sure what to do. I mean I could read the Russian book of Mormon aloud with her, since I learned to do that in Leeuwarden, but
that's not really teaching her, so we'll have to see what happens with
that.
The zoo was eh. I would
definitely not go again, so I hope sister Wood doesn't want to go this
transfer. They didn't even have Polar bears or pandas. Like, even Hogle
zoo has polar bears.
I feel like that's about all for this week.
Thanks for everything. Love you and miss you!
Love, Karoline
No comments:
Post a Comment