The week was okay, and yesterday we had a cool experience.
This girl walks into church and we assumed she was the elders investigator
because they just took her over so we're like okay whatever, then sister aldous
sat next to her and is talking to her during relief society and then the girl
is like, I want to get baptized, how do i do that? And we talk to her and find
out she isnt really with the elders. She had just met them through a friend in
the ward, and she wants us to come teach her. So that's how we stole an
investigator from the elders. Shes cool, because shes actually Belgian, so the
ward will like that. And she wants to get baptized on April 13th which is super
fast but if that's what she wants, then thats what she can have I
suppose.
We had another lesson with the kid we found last week, we
went over the restoration, and he accepted the invitation to be baptized,
problem is he's moving away for 6 months. Belgium has a lot of weird laws, and
this kid has a weird situation, but for some reason he has to go to like a
special school type of thing for 6 months and live on his own without help from
family or friends. Super weird and he just found out about it last week and has
to go this week, so that sucks. But it's okay.
| Antwerpen Groenplaats |
Our investigator who was supposed to be baptized last week
still wants to be baptized, we just arent sure if it's for the right reasons.
We met with him this week and he is talking about how he wants to make everyone
mormon and then he thinks he can create a better welfare program than the
church already has. Mainly for people in like Turkey and Syria and we're like
uh, thats not going to happen. so we are still working with him, but his date
is pushed back to the end of April.
Sister Aldous and I were out finding the other day when we
found an abandoned military base. It's now like a park type of thing. It was
super cool though.
I can't really think of anything else that happened
this week. It was just normal.
today we are going to the zoo, and I think it's stupid and I
don't want to go. Especially because it costs like 11 euros. But whatever. But I don't want to pay that kind of money to go
look at animals in cages. whatever. Also, I'm completely out of contacts. Did
you want me to look into getting some here? They sell them over the counter. i
think they're like 40 euros? Not sure, I can look into it if you want
though.
I think that's everything.
Love you and miss you!
Love, Karoline

No comments:
Post a Comment