Monday, March 17, 2014

Some Pictures, Some Service and a Wedding!



First, I'll answer the questions. The diamond thing is with a member, the one who takes us out to eat all the time, and is a diplomat for the congo. By the way, if you ever want to take a trip to the Congo, we can get Visas from him haha. Andy, the joint teach, is an RM. He found the gospel when he was 21, and a year later he went on his mission to England. Super cool story. Yes, we still work with him a lot, and it is definitely nice to have the help. 

We work with other sisters 2 times in a transfer. You go on exchange with the sister training leader once, and then her companion while your companion works with the sister training leader. Although technically, the sister training leader is supposed to be with a sister training leader companion, but we don't do that in this mission for some reason. Actually thats a lot of drama, and a story for after the mission about some people thinking that sisters shouldnt be in a leadership position and whatever. 

 I didnt ever get my bike, it's still at the station, We check on them sometimes. I think it's really annoying though, because  I like using bikes, and now we just sit on trams getting fat. I dont know if we will stay together for another transfer. I can see it going both ways. Our area is just in the city. The actual area is a lot bigger, but there are 3 sets of missionaries in this area, so the ward split it up into 3 sections, and we got the city, and one of the sets of elders got the smaller places and some country. 

Yesterday, we were supposed to have a baptism, but we knew last week that it was going to be postponed, which is good, because on Friday he called us saying that he wasnt going to be in church on sunday because he was getting married, and we were confused because his dutch isnt like fantastic so we're like uh no, you mean youre going to a wedding, and hes like no, sisters, I'm getting married on sunday and I want you to be there. And we're like uh, what? You weren't even in a relationship last week. So After Church yesterday the zone leaders gave us a ride down to Mechelen so we could attend his wedding. And it was in this big old cathedral, so that was super cool, and obviously I've never been to a catholic wedding before so that was exciting. Lots of standing and sitting though. Then, they even had us be in the wedding pictures. It was definitely a lot of fun. 




 









And he introduced us to all his family so that was cool too. They were excited to finally meet "the sisters". 

We had the opportunity to do a lot of service this week. With one couple, they are recent converts, they were baptized the week before I got here, and we've been trying to let them get us to help them forever, but the husband refused because it was "mans work" so I'm puhleaze. So finally they called us telling us to come help. So we went and moved a bunch of long wooden planks up some stairs to another room. Seriously, I dont know where all this wood came from, but theres enough to build another house. Then we did some framing in their bathroom for  new tiles. So sister Aldous and I got to use a drill and an electric saw. It was pretty exciting. Not the safest service project, but we had a lot of fun. We also cleaned someone's house for them this week, and that was nice. It's always nice to do something other than finding.

We were at a less actives home sharing a message this week, when one of the people living at her house, he's like 15, and  hes not her son, but thats  a long story, came in and she asked if he had questions for us and hes like yeah actually. And then he had a lot of questions about life and death and stuff, so we ended up teaching the plan of salvation to him, and then he asked us to come back and teach him again, so thats fun. And he's super honest and sincere. Like we were talking about faith and the seed and such and hes like yeah, but I dont have the ingredients to grow a faith seed. and then we talked about that, and it was super cool, and the spirit was so strong. Awesome. 

Antwerpen Castle
That's about it for anything that really happened.... we were at the tram station the other day, and we were late getting home so it was a little after ten, and there was this drunk kid, saying totally stupid things to us, but whatever because it was also hilarious because all of a sudden he just started making random animal noises, and was trying to see how loud he could meow. So funny. Wish I got a video of it. But that's why we dont drink. 

Antwerpen Cathedral




This is a picture of a castle in Antwerpen.
Have a nice week! Love you and miss you!
Love, Karoline 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment