This week was good, nothing too exciting, but it wasn't bad
either. We finally got a new phone on Friday, and it's a lot nicer than our
other phone, we should have lost that one ages ago. Oh, I thought of a Belgian
food I like, since I couldn't think of anything when you asked the last time.
There are these croquette things, and every other time I've tried them I hated
them, but here theyre different. Instead of some kind of weirdo meat
surprise soup thing in them, theyre like fried mashed potatos. Theyre great.
And we were served them three times this week, so that was delicious.
We are still teaching the family that you talked about, but
not super regualarly, they have a weird schedule, and it's hard for our times
to match up. We had so many appointments fall through this week. Ah, so many.
It was getting ridiculous, and then on Friday, when we got our phone back, it
was crazy, because then we all of a sudden had a week's worth of phone business
to do and had a bunch of messages to listen too. Ah, it was way less stressful
without a phone.
Yesterday something funny happened to us. After sacrament we
were standing outside the chapel talking to some members, and the teacher of
the YSA young adult class was like, "Sister Western have you ever thought
of attending the jovo class?" and I was like uh... no, we just always go to
the investigator class. And he was like "okay, well, here's the thing, the
jovo class, (YSA class) is only young men, and they don't like coming, so I
asked what they needed to come to class, and they said that if we could
get you to come, they would come too." And I just stood there and laughed
because he was so serious! They wanted to use me as bait to get the YSAs to
come to Sunday school, so I told him we would come, and so he went and told
them that he got us to go, and sure enough, all the Jovos showed up to their
proper class. And after he's like"see, the men just need the proper motivation,
and their female counterpart and they're willing to come." Then he asked us
to come next week, so we will go there when we don't have investigators at
church now, which is fine by me, because in the class we normally go to, it was
about the law of chastity but in the Jovo class it was about Gods convenant
with Abraham and the trials of our life, and how God knows exactly what it is we need
to go through to bring us on our knees and closer to him, and personally
I found it a lot more uplifiting than a chastity talk, so woohoo.
Oh, I was also offered a job in the diamond business this
week. That was pretty exciting. Someone is willing to fly me back out here and
then pay the $10,000 for the diamond school thing and then wants me to work
with him. And I'm just like uh, my degree is in neuropsychology,and he's
like I don't care, I just want you to come work for me, so I'm like uh,
I'll think about it. That could be interesting, and I could make lots of money.
You get the weirdest opportunities on your mission.
We did a lot of finding this week, mainly just talking to
people on the street, because I think knocking doors is stupid. :) It's my
least favorite way to find people. And we did find a couple potentials and made
some appointments, so we'll see what happens.
This week the weather was super nice. We were able to ditch
the boots and tights, and it was glorious. Of course my pasty white legs were
blinding people, but I don't care, that's normal. Yesterday it was in the upper
70s. It was getting toasty in the mid-day sun. And the members who had us over
for dinner just had us sit in the sun and roast for a bit because they thought
we would enjoy it. It was nice, but I don't think people understand how easily I
sunburn haha. But it was great weatherwise this week, and I think it's supposed
to continue on that way. things are always better when the winter gray goes
away and you can actually see the sky again.
Our baptism was scheduled for march 16th, but hes having
some trouble with some commandments, so we are going to postpone it a couple
weeks. Plus here, the ward has this stupid rule where you have to come to
church three weeks in a row to all the meetings, and if you miss one hour
or one week you have to start all over again, and the last time he came, a
family member died while he was at church, so the ward is making him start the
whole three week process all over again. It's so stupid, but whatever.
I feel like that's everything for this week. Love you and
miss you lots!
Love, Karoline
No comments:
Post a Comment